Talladega Leads The Way In Most Competitive Year In NASCAR
2010 was the most competitive year in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series history and the racing at Talladega Superspeedway was one of the prime reasons. Talladega Superspeedway set NASCAR records of 29 different leaders and 88 lead changes in the April 25 Aaron’s 499, smashing the previous records, also held by Talladega, of 28 leaders and 75 lead changes. The October 31 AMP Energy Juice 500 at Talladega showed that the new records were no fluke by producing a near record 26 different leaders and 87 lead changes.
The combined 55 leaders and 175 lead changes are both NASCAR Sprint Cup Series single season records.
“2010 was a great year for our fans at Talladega Superspeedway,” said Chairman Grant Lynch. “The record breaking competition speaks for itself. Talladega is the fastest, most competitive, most exciting racing in NASCAR. We look forward to another exciting year in 2011 and hopefully breaking some more records.”
Talladega Superspeedway is already gearing up for the 2011 Aaron’s Dream Weekend featuring qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 race on Friday, April 15. On Saturday, April 16, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 17, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Unmatched Access? Talladega Superspeedway’s Unrestricted VIP Package Delivers for Alabama 500/fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22
- Defending Alabama 500 Champ Joey Logano, Michael Annett Join Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Carl Edwards & Brian Scott for Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 23
- ‘Chase University’ College Student Program Set for Talladega Superspeedway Sunday, Oct. 23
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase Field Set; Anticipation is High for Talladega Superspeedway's fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Oct. 22