Larger Coolers Allowed at Talladega Superspeedway in 2011
Following in the tradition of its sister track, Daytona International Speedway, Talladega Superspeedway announced today enhancements to the speedway’s carry-in policy beginning in 2011.
To help make the race day experience more enjoyable, fans may now carry in soft-sided coolers that measure no greater than 14 x 14 x 14 inches or 2,700 cubic inches – six times the size previously permitted. Coolers of this size typically have a removable plastic liner and are branded to hold 24 to 36 cans of carbonated beverages. To ensure these items fit underneath grandstand seats and do not block walkways, coolers with telescoping handles and wheels will not be permitted.
“In today’s economy, it’s more important than ever to listen to our race fans and make adjustments to policies and procedures that best serve them,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Allowing larger coolers in to the stadium while continuing to offer our many free amenities, including free camping, we believe adds significant value to a fan’s experience. It’s all about making a weekend at Talladega affordable and enjoyable.”
Safety improvements allow enhanced convenience for fans while continuing to provide a secure environment. Fan comfort and safety remains a top priority so all items carried into the speedway will be subject to a thorough and complete search by security personnel prior to entering the ticket gates.
Additionally, to make it more convenient for fans to carry additional items such as cameras, radio scanners and souvenirs, fans can now utilize lightweight backpacks or daypacks similar to those used by school students. As part of its standard policy, hard-sided coolers will not be allowed into the grandstand area.
Tickets are on sale now for the April15-17, 2011 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Drive a Little, Save a Lot with Hotel Rooms Booked Through DEGARooms.com for Talladega Superspeedway Events, Oct. 23-25
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Drivers to Meet Young Race Fans at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, Oct. 24
- The Biggest Meatball In Racing On The Menu Again At Talladega Superspeedway
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. First Driver Named for Talladega Superspeedway’s Pre-Race Question & Answer Session Sunday, Oct. 25
- TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY’S “UNRESTRICTED” VIP PACKAGE OFFERS UNMATCHED ACCESS FOR WEEKEND FEATURING FINAL RACE OF CONTENDER ROUND FOR CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP