Larger Coolers Allowed at Talladega Superspeedway in 2011
Following in the tradition of its sister track, Daytona International Speedway, Talladega Superspeedway announced today enhancements to the speedway’s carry-in policy beginning in 2011.
To help make the race day experience more enjoyable, fans may now carry in soft-sided coolers that measure no greater than 14 x 14 x 14 inches or 2,700 cubic inches – six times the size previously permitted. Coolers of this size typically have a removable plastic liner and are branded to hold 24 to 36 cans of carbonated beverages. To ensure these items fit underneath grandstand seats and do not block walkways, coolers with telescoping handles and wheels will not be permitted.
“In today’s economy, it’s more important than ever to listen to our race fans and make adjustments to policies and procedures that best serve them,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Allowing larger coolers in to the stadium while continuing to offer our many free amenities, including free camping, we believe adds significant value to a fan’s experience. It’s all about making a weekend at Talladega affordable and enjoyable.”
Safety improvements allow enhanced convenience for fans while continuing to provide a secure environment. Fan comfort and safety remains a top priority so all items carried into the speedway will be subject to a thorough and complete search by security personnel prior to entering the ticket gates.
Additionally, to make it more convenient for fans to carry additional items such as cameras, radio scanners and souvenirs, fans can now utilize lightweight backpacks or daypacks similar to those used by school students. As part of its standard policy, hard-sided coolers will not be allowed into the grandstand area.
Tickets are on sale now for the April15-17, 2011 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Talladega Superspeedway Honors its Latest Winner With “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package for Alabama 500
- Talladega Superspeedway Nominated for USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice “Best NASCAR Track”
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Exciting GEICO 500 & Winn-Dixie 300 Weekend to Be Seen Through Lenses of 100,000 Cameras
- Fan-Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins GEICO 500 For First Talladega Superspeedway Victory in 11 Years
- Logano Emerges From Pack on Final Lap to Win Wild Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega Superspeedway