Bake A Christmas is Friday, December 10
Talladega Superspeedway and WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM have partnered up again for Bake A Christmas 2010, the annual radio auction and fundraiser for area children in need. The event is scheduled for Friday, December 10. The live action is a great way to show support for families in the local community this holiday season. All proceeds from the fundraiser go to purchase gifts for children who otherwise would not have a Christmas at all.
Throughout the day, members of the Thunder 92.7 FM and Talladega Superspeedway staff take over the airwaves to auction unique racing memorabilia and experiences paired with delicious baked goods donated by individuals and businesses in the community. The auction begins at
7 a.m. and ends at approximately 6 p.m.
The highest bidder of an item is invited to pick up their auction item and baked goods at the station’s Oxford, Ala. office. If individuals or businesses do not live in the immediate listening area but wish to participate in Bake A Christmas 2010, they may tune into the station’s broadcast all day via live streaming audio available at http://streamdb1web.securenetsystems.net/radio_player_large.cfm?stationCallSign=WTDR&relocateURL=true. Bids can be made toll-free nationwide by calling 1-800-709-9270.
This is the 14th year Talladega Superspeedway and Thunder 92.7 have had the opportunity to be involved with Bake A Christmas and the many blessings that come from the event. Participants in the auction helped to raise $13,700 in last year’s Bake A Christmas. Both organizations are humbled to be apart of the generosity that has steadily grown over the years.
Items up for auction this year include several levels of access to the 2011 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, set for April 15 – 17. Among these items are:
• Cold Garage/Pit Passes for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, April 15 - 17, 2011
• Tickets to the 2011 Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race
• Tickets to the 2011 Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race
• Tickets to the 2011 ARCA Racing Series 250 race
Numerous drivers have autographed memorabilia for Bake A Christmas, including:
• Tony Stewart
• Dale Earnhardt Jr.
• Jeff Gordon
• Mark Martin
• Jamie McMurray
• Ricky Carmichael
• Kyle Busch
• Bobby Labonte
• Jeff Burton and many more
Additionally, many race teams have come on board in recent years to make direct merchandise donations to Bake A Christmas, such as Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, Hendrick Motorsports, Penske Racing, Roush-Fenway Racing, Richard Childress Racing and others.
Other items up for auction include collectible diecasts, race hats, commemorative prints and posters, racing apparel and race souvenirs, various items and services donated by local businesses and unique donations of racing memorabilia and baked goods from WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM listeners.
Talladega Superspeedway is already gearing up for the 2011 Aaron’s Dream Weekend featuring qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 race on Friday, April 15. On Saturday, April 16, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 17, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Bowyer, Blaney & Hall of Famer Wallace Join Talladega Superspeedway’s Pre-Race Q&A Session at GEICO 500 May, 3
- Jeff Gordon Could Add To His Talladega Superspeedway Legacy in GEICO 500 on Sunday, May 3
- Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola Captain Keith Hoskins to Award Freedom Trophy to Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500 Winner
- Top Touring Dee Jay Silver Back by Popular Demand for Talladega Superspeedway’s Big One on the Blvd and Saturday Night Concert
- Drivers, Fans Anticipate NASCAR’s Biggest Party at Talladega; “The Big One on the Blvd” Parade Ready to Roll Again on Friday, May 1