Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Coming Up Aces Heading To DEGA
It’s finally race week at Talladega Superspeedway as the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup rolls into town this weekend. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series brings one of the tightest point battles in history to the track where anything can, and usually does, happen.
It’s a fact not lost on Jimmie Johnson who holds a narrow six point lead over Denny Hamlin.
“I’m really trying to not be emotionally attached to things until we get out of Talladega,” says Johnson. “So much can happen at Talladega. Last year, Mark (Martin) was right there with me on the points, I'm running sixth on the track, he's running seventh coming to the checkered flag, his car gets hit, he goes upside down. I'm just one spot ahead of him. I finish the race, get a bunch of points.”
Martin, whose championship hopes were crushed at Talladega last year put it into perspective. “The race is on after Talladega. Nobody knows what's going to happen. “
This weekend dreams will be made, and broken, at Talladega Superspeedway.
Jamie McMurray, a non-Chase driver, shocked the crowd by winning the 2009 AMP Energy Juice 500. Can another upset be in the making? Don’t miss the wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. NASCAR action kicks off with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Oct. 30 and continues with Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Advanced Priced Tickets On Sale Friday for Talladega Superspeedway’s Pivotal Oct. 21-23 Weekend, Featuring Two NASCAR Chase Elimination Races
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200