Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Coming Up Aces Heading To DEGA
It’s finally race week at Talladega Superspeedway as the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup rolls into town this weekend. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series brings one of the tightest point battles in history to the track where anything can, and usually does, happen.
It’s a fact not lost on Jimmie Johnson who holds a narrow six point lead over Denny Hamlin.
“I’m really trying to not be emotionally attached to things until we get out of Talladega,” says Johnson. “So much can happen at Talladega. Last year, Mark (Martin) was right there with me on the points, I'm running sixth on the track, he's running seventh coming to the checkered flag, his car gets hit, he goes upside down. I'm just one spot ahead of him. I finish the race, get a bunch of points.”
Martin, whose championship hopes were crushed at Talladega last year put it into perspective. “The race is on after Talladega. Nobody knows what's going to happen. “
This weekend dreams will be made, and broken, at Talladega Superspeedway.
Jamie McMurray, a non-Chase driver, shocked the crowd by winning the 2009 AMP Energy Juice 500. Can another upset be in the making? Don’t miss the wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. NASCAR action kicks off with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Oct. 30 and continues with Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7
- Samford University Student Sinks Half-Court Hoops Shot to Win $1,000 Tuition on Behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015