Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Coming Up Aces Heading To DEGA
It’s finally race week at Talladega Superspeedway as the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup rolls into town this weekend. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series brings one of the tightest point battles in history to the track where anything can, and usually does, happen.
It’s a fact not lost on Jimmie Johnson who holds a narrow six point lead over Denny Hamlin.
“I’m really trying to not be emotionally attached to things until we get out of Talladega,” says Johnson. “So much can happen at Talladega. Last year, Mark (Martin) was right there with me on the points, I'm running sixth on the track, he's running seventh coming to the checkered flag, his car gets hit, he goes upside down. I'm just one spot ahead of him. I finish the race, get a bunch of points.”
Martin, whose championship hopes were crushed at Talladega last year put it into perspective. “The race is on after Talladega. Nobody knows what's going to happen. “
This weekend dreams will be made, and broken, at Talladega Superspeedway.
Jamie McMurray, a non-Chase driver, shocked the crowd by winning the 2009 AMP Energy Juice 500. Can another upset be in the making? Don’t miss the wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. NASCAR action kicks off with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Oct. 30 and continues with Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Center Stage(s)! Talladega Superspeedway Yet Again in Spotlight of NASCAR as Track Announces Stage Lengths as Part of New 2017 Format Enhancement
- Talladega Superspeedway is Excited to Name Jake Carlisle as New Director of Ticketing
- Talladega Superspeedway Part of International Speedway Corporation’s (ISC) New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media (ISM)
- The Charlie Daniels Band Set for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, May 6
- Cars Have Officially Hit the Track at Talladega Superspeedway in Anticipation of the Exciting 2017 Season