Returning AMP Energy 500 Champion Jamie McMurray- Title Hunt Still Up For Grabs Because of Wild Card Talladega
Jamie McMurray knows that that the “wild card” nature of Talladega Superspeedway can produce a surprise champion. It was this time a year ago that McMurray was in his final contract year with Roush-Fenway Racing and on virtually nobody’s radar to compete for the crown of Talladega Superspeedway. However, in a race that produced 58 lead changes among 25 different drivers, it was McMurray who came out on top. It’s this unpredictable nature that McMurray says has the power to completely change the face of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
“Talladega still has to be run,” said McMurray. “I think Talladega can take out ten Chasers, that’s my opinion. Until you get through Talladega….everybody is still in it.”
Talladega could easily spoil Jimmie Johnson’s “Drive for Five” championship hopes if the 2010 Aaron’s 499 was any forbearer to the AMP Energy Juice 500. While Johnson finished a dismal 31st, Harvick stormed to Gatorade Victory Lane and in to championship contention.
Only two weeks remain until dreams will be made, and broken, at Talladega Superspeedway.
Jamie McMurray, a non-Chase driver, shocked the crowd by winning the 2009 AMP Energy Juice 500. Can another upset be in the making? Don’t miss the wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. NASCAR action kicks off with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Oct. 30 and continues with Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015
- Keselowski Wins The GEICO 500; Keeps Sprint Cup Title Hopes Alive
- Peters Claims Victory In fred’s 250 Camping World Truck Series Race