Returning AMP Energy 500 Champion Jamie McMurray- Title Hunt Still Up For Grabs Because of Wild Card Talladega
Jamie McMurray knows that that the “wild card” nature of Talladega Superspeedway can produce a surprise champion. It was this time a year ago that McMurray was in his final contract year with Roush-Fenway Racing and on virtually nobody’s radar to compete for the crown of Talladega Superspeedway. However, in a race that produced 58 lead changes among 25 different drivers, it was McMurray who came out on top. It’s this unpredictable nature that McMurray says has the power to completely change the face of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
“Talladega still has to be run,” said McMurray. “I think Talladega can take out ten Chasers, that’s my opinion. Until you get through Talladega….everybody is still in it.”
Talladega could easily spoil Jimmie Johnson’s “Drive for Five” championship hopes if the 2010 Aaron’s 499 was any forbearer to the AMP Energy Juice 500. While Johnson finished a dismal 31st, Harvick stormed to Gatorade Victory Lane and in to championship contention.
Only two weeks remain until dreams will be made, and broken, at Talladega Superspeedway.
Jamie McMurray, a non-Chase driver, shocked the crowd by winning the 2009 AMP Energy Juice 500. Can another upset be in the making? Don’t miss the wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. NASCAR action kicks off with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Oct. 30 and continues with Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway Announces 2016 Broadcast Schedule for NASCAR Weekends
- Talladega Superspeedway Hosts 11th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Saturday, Feb. 27
- Advanced Price Ticket Offers Start Friday, January 15th for Talladega Superspeedway's April 29-May 1 Weekend Featuring the GEICO 500
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016