Michael Waltrip Returning to Talladega Superspeedway Oct. 31
Michael Waltrip, winner of the 2003 fall race at Talladega Superspeedway, is slated to return to NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track on October 31 for the AMP Energy Juice 500. While no longer racing full-time, Waltrip ran at Talladega this spring and led several laps before getting tangled up with several other cars.
“If the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series raced every weekend at Talladega and Daytona I’d still be driving full-time,” laughed Waltrip. “That’s how much I like those tracks and restrictor plate racing. The only place better than sitting in the stands or watching a restrictor plate race on television is behind the wheel of the Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota.”
Aaron’s, Inc. will sponsor Waltrip as part of its 55th Anniversary celebration. Waltrip has 48 career starts at ‘DEGA and is part of an elite group of drivers to both win at the track and earn the pole award.
Only two weeks remain until dreams will be made, and broken, at Talladega Superspeedway.
Jamie McMurray, a non-Chase driver, shocked the crowd by winning the 2009 AMP Energy Juice 500. Can another upset be in the making? Don’t miss the wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. NASCAR action kicks off with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Oct. 30 and continues with Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Thomas Rhett to Perform Saturday Night Infield Concert at Talladega Superspeedway during GEICO 500 Weekend
- "Ultimate Viewing Experience Ticket Package" at Talladega Superspeedway Offers Fans Tri-Oval Tower Tickets with FanVision
- New Talladega Superspeedway Themed “Talladega Grille” at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth Airport to Be Unveiled Thursday
- Laps for Life Blood Drive Set for Sept. 11 at Talladega Superspeedway, International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand at Talladega Superspeedway for Oct. 19 GEICO 500