Birmingham Mayor William Bell Welcomes Race Week With Ride Through Streets of Downtown
Birmingham Mayor William Bell welcomed in race week and the thousands of race fans that stay and play in the Birmingham area with a ride through the streets of downtown in a two-seater NASCAR stock car from the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure.
Race fans and curious onlookers lined the streets of downtown Birmingham as the stock car roared down 20th St. to the Five Points South district and back to City Hall.
“I’m excited to welcome in race week,” said Mayor Bell. “I’m proud to say the hotels in Birmingham are full with fans attending the races at Talladega Superspeedway and the Magic City Classic.”
The Magic City Classic is an annual football game held in Birmingham featuring Alabama A&M University and Alabama State University.
This weekend dreams will be made, and broken, at Talladega Superspeedway.
Jamie McMurray, a non-Chase driver, shocked the crowd by winning the 2009 AMP Energy Juice 500. Can another upset be in the making? Don’t miss the wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. NASCAR action kicks off with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Oct. 30 and continues with Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Local Celebrity Judges Named for 12th Annual Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, March 4
- Center Stage(s)! Talladega Superspeedway Yet Again in Spotlight of NASCAR as Track Announces Stage Lengths as Part of New 2017 Format Enhancement
- Talladega Superspeedway is Excited to Name Jake Carlisle as New Director of Ticketing
- Talladega Superspeedway Part of International Speedway Corporation’s (ISC) New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media (ISM)
- The Charlie Daniels Band Set for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, May 6