Birmingham Mayor William Bell Welcomes Race Week With Ride Through Streets of Downtown
Birmingham Mayor William Bell welcomed in race week and the thousands of race fans that stay and play in the Birmingham area with a ride through the streets of downtown in a two-seater NASCAR stock car from the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure.
Race fans and curious onlookers lined the streets of downtown Birmingham as the stock car roared down 20th St. to the Five Points South district and back to City Hall.
“I’m excited to welcome in race week,” said Mayor Bell. “I’m proud to say the hotels in Birmingham are full with fans attending the races at Talladega Superspeedway and the Magic City Classic.”
The Magic City Classic is an annual football game held in Birmingham featuring Alabama A&M University and Alabama State University.
This weekend dreams will be made, and broken, at Talladega Superspeedway.
Jamie McMurray, a non-Chase driver, shocked the crowd by winning the 2009 AMP Energy Juice 500. Can another upset be in the making? Don’t miss the wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. NASCAR action kicks off with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Oct. 30 and continues with Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Exciting GEICO 500 & Winn-Dixie 300 Weekend to Be Seen Through Lenses of 100,000 Cameras
- Fan-Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins GEICO 500 For First Talladega Superspeedway Victory in 11 Years
- Logano Emerges From Pack on Final Lap to Win Wild Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Drivers, Fans Participate in NASCAR’s Biggest Party at Talladega “The Big One on the Blvd” Parade Friday, May 1
- Gordon on Pole for GEICO 500 Sprint Cup Race, Set to be Run Sunday Under Beautiful Blue Skies