Talladega Superspeedway Congratulates Bobby Allison and 2011 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class
Talladega Superspeedway issues congratulations to “Alabama Gang” member Bobby Allison and the rest of the 2011 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class.
“We’re excited to see our first Alabama Gang member go into the NASCAR Hall of Fame,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Each member of the 2011class has a unique tie to Talladega Superspeedway, whether it be as an owner, driver, crew chief or broadcaster. Each has left fond memories for our thousands of race fans.”
The 2011 class consists of David Pearson, Allison, Lee Petty, Ned Jarrett and Bud Moore. All members of this class are also enshrined in the International Motorsports Hall of Fame, located adjacent to Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, AL.
Allison is a four-time winner at Talladega, while Pearson has three wins. Petty and Jarrett both raced prior to the Talladega Superspeedway’s opening but have sons that competed and won at Talladega. Moore was a car owner for Dale Earnhardt during his first win at Talladega Superspeedway. Earnhardt would eventually become the track’s most victorious driver with 10 wins at Talladega.
The NASCAR Hall of Fame Voting Panel, consisting of members of the Nominating Committee along with 31 others representing all facets of the NASCAR industry, met in a closed session in Charlotte, N.C., to vote on the induction class of 2011. The announcement was made in the Great Hall inside the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
The class was determined by 53 votes cast by the panel and the nationwide fan vote conducted through NASCAR.COM. The accounting firm of Ernst & Young presided over the tabulation of the votes.
The Class of 2011 will be officially inducted in a ceremony in May 2011 at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte.
Jamie McMurray, a non-Chase driver, shocked the crowd by winning the 2009 AMP Energy Juice 500. Can another upset be in the making? Don’t miss the wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. NASCAR action kicks off with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Oct. 30 and continues with Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Laps for Life Blood Drive Set for Sept. 11 at Talladega Superspeedway, International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand at Talladega Superspeedway for Oct. 19 GEICO 500
- Talladega Superspeedway, Birmingham Business Alliance Host “Business of NASCAR” Event; Panelists Include Helton, Childress
- Fans Can Take Personal Car Around Talladega Superspeedway; Part of “Fan Track Drive” to Benefit the American Red Cross July 26
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Favorite Bill Elliott Among Five Legends Named to Prestigious 2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class