Weekend Concerts In The Infield at Talladega
Talladega Superspeedway is excited to announce the initial lineup of weekend concerts and activities for HALLOW-DEGA Presented by Captain Morgan, including infield concerts by Colt Ford on Friday and The Grand Magnolias on Saturday.
Friday, Oct. 29, gets the weekend started with a concert by Colt Ford in the Captain’s Quarters. The Captain’s Quarters are located in the grass area between Eastaboga and Talladega Blvd in the infield
Colt Ford is a walking, talking 300-pound celebration of country music and country living. His songs pay tribute to the people, pastimes and attitudes that define a lifestyle embraced from Texas to Wisconsin, from Florida to Washington State and a lot of places in between. Fans who have race tickets for Saturday or Sunday are welcome to enjoy the one of a kind atmosphere of the Talladega infield and great music.
On Saturday, Oct. 30, race fans will find a costume contest in the Display Area at The Sprint Experience from 2 – 3 pm. SPEED Channel will again host spooky scream contest from 11 – 4 pm with the grand finale occurring live on a special edition of TRACKSIDE Live at 5:30 pm. Vendors throughout the Display Area will also have candy for kids trick-or-treating.
Captain Morgan and the Morganettes will be partying at the Captain’s Quarters stage Saturday night. The festivities get started at 7:00 pm with the Captain Morgan Costume Contest, including 1st, 2nd and 3rd-place prizes for the best costume. The Grand Magnolias, formerly known as Hightide Blues, will take the stage at 8:00 pm with their special blend of “roots rock” with a modern twist. All Sunday ticket holders are invited to experience the infield, concerts and all the fun that makes Talladega “more than a race”.
“We’ve got a great party planned for our final HALLOW-DEGA Presented by Captain Morgan,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Tickets are still available, so I’d encourage race fans to get them while they are hot!”
Jamie McMurray, a non-Chase driver, shocked the crowd by winning the 2009 AMP Energy Juice 500. Can another upset be in the making? Don’t miss the wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. NASCAR action kicks off with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Oct. 30 and continues with Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola