Sam's Club Signs As Presenting Sponsor of DEGAQUE
Talladega Superspeedway announced today that the second annual DEGAQUE Alabama Barbecue Championship, one of the world’s richest contests with $50,000 in guaranteed prize money, will be presented by Sam’s Club.
Sam’s Club, the nation’s largest warehouse club, became a sponsor with the Kansas City Barbecue Society in May. As part of the agreement, Sam’s Club became a presenting sponsor for several of the industry’s largest events, including DEGAQUE.
“DEGAQUE Presented by Sam’s Club was created to bring the best grillers in the world to Talladega Superspeedway. It’s about more than the prize money, it’s respect. Teams that compete here know that our champion will be recognized as the planet’s best griller”, said organizer Ron Cates. “Plus, what better place to hold a competition than the biggest, fastest, most competitive motorsports facility in the world? Barbecue and racing just go hand in hand".
Additionally, Sam’s Club will also open two retail locations at the track during the AMP Energy Juice 500 weekend. The sites, located in the infield and near the Family Park outside the track, will sell primarily grocery items to campers. Race fans do not have to be Sam’s Club members to the shop at either location.
Barbecue teams can find information on competing in DEGAQUE at www.smokeonthewaterbbq.com.
Will more NASCAR history be made when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy Juice 500 weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Named Honorary Member of Famed Alabama Gang; Iconic No. 2 Championship Car of Dale Sr. Driven Around Talladega Superspeedway in Day of Historic Proportion
- NASCAR Fanatic? Visit the New, Improved Fanatics Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway’s Fan Zone During the Double Elimination Race Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Unmatched Access? Talladega Superspeedway’s Unrestricted VIP Package Delivers for Alabama 500/fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22
- Defending Alabama 500 Champ Joey Logano, Michael Annett Join Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Carl Edwards & Brian Scott for Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 23