Sam's Club Signs As Presenting Sponsor of DEGAQUE
Talladega Superspeedway announced today that the second annual DEGAQUE Alabama Barbecue Championship, one of the world’s richest contests with $50,000 in guaranteed prize money, will be presented by Sam’s Club.
Sam’s Club, the nation’s largest warehouse club, became a sponsor with the Kansas City Barbecue Society in May. As part of the agreement, Sam’s Club became a presenting sponsor for several of the industry’s largest events, including DEGAQUE.
“DEGAQUE Presented by Sam’s Club was created to bring the best grillers in the world to Talladega Superspeedway. It’s about more than the prize money, it’s respect. Teams that compete here know that our champion will be recognized as the planet’s best griller”, said organizer Ron Cates. “Plus, what better place to hold a competition than the biggest, fastest, most competitive motorsports facility in the world? Barbecue and racing just go hand in hand".
Additionally, Sam’s Club will also open two retail locations at the track during the AMP Energy Juice 500 weekend. The sites, located in the infield and near the Family Park outside the track, will sell primarily grocery items to campers. Race fans do not have to be Sam’s Club members to the shop at either location.
Barbecue teams can find information on competing in DEGAQUE at www.smokeonthewaterbbq.com.
Will more NASCAR history be made when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy Juice 500 weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy Juice 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway Staff Teaches in Birmingham Schools as Part of Local Junior Achievement Program
- "4 Wide" Notes: Daytona 500 Edition
- Advanced Price Tickets To Aaron’s Dream Weekend On Sale Today; Savings Include $10 Off Regular Pricing Plus Kids Free Options
- Save Big with Advanced Price, Kids Tickets to Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway—On Sale Monday, Feb. 24
- Larger High-Definition Video Boards, Kids Free Initiative Highlight Fan Enhancements at Talladega Superspeedway