Laps For Life Blood Drive Brings In 221 Units at Talladega Superspeedway
The Laps for Life Blood Drive at Talladega Superspeedway collected 221 units of blood yesterday, bringing the five year total to nearly 1,000 units of blood collected.
Presenting blood donors were treated to pace car rides around Talladega Superspeedway, tours of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum, drawings for door prizes, goody bags, prizes from Aaron’s and much more.
“I would like to thank everyone who participated in Laps for Life,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “We had a fantastic turnout by our race fans. I’m very proud to be involved with such a great effort.”
“On behalf of the American Red Cross Alabama and Central Gulf Coast Region, we would like to thank everyone for their continued support and dedication, on this our fifth Laps for Life Blood Drive,” said American Red Cross Donor Recruitment Manager Jared Kinney.
Talladega Superspeedway Laps for Life: A Blood Drive for Alabama, began in 2006 as part of a nationwide effort among multiple tracks.
Will more NASCAR history be made when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy 500 weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track Offers Spirited Holiday Package for Aaron’s Dream Weekend
- Finalists Named for 2014 International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- Sperry Named Director of Partnership Sales for Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Advisory Network Taking Applications for 2014 Membership
- Talladega Superspeedway Fans Have a Lot to See, Experience and Share in 2014 and Beyond