Statement from Talladega Superspeedway On Atlanta Losing a NASCAR Weekend
Statement from Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch in reference to Atlanta Motor Speedway’s announcement today regarding the 2011 NASCAR season.
“In 2011 the NASCAR calendar will look drastically different, perhaps most notably for the lack of a spring weekend in Atlanta. However, I want to assure race fans throughout the southeast and throughout the country that Talladega Superspeedway, only 90 minutes from Atlanta on Interstate 20, will have NASCAR racing next spring and is ready to provide them with all the NASCAR excitement they desire. This year Talladega Superspeedway shattered the NASCAR record books with 88 lead changes, 29 different leaders and one of the closest finishes in history with Kevin Harvick beating Jamie McMurray by 0.012 seconds. In addition to our unmatched on-track action, Talladega also offers unbeatable values for fans and their families. FREE Camping, FREE Parking and FREE Kids on Sunday in select areas are only a few of the many benefits we offer that no track can match. This year and beyond, ‘This is more than a race, This is Talladega’”.
Talladega Superspeedway Chairman
- NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track Offers Spirited Holiday Package for Aaron’s Dream Weekend
- Finalists Named for 2014 International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- Sperry Named Director of Partnership Sales for Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Advisory Network Taking Applications for 2014 Membership
- Talladega Superspeedway Fans Have a Lot to See, Experience and Share in 2014 and Beyond