Statement from Talladega Superspeedway On Atlanta Losing a NASCAR Weekend
Statement from Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch in reference to Atlanta Motor Speedway’s announcement today regarding the 2011 NASCAR season.
“In 2011 the NASCAR calendar will look drastically different, perhaps most notably for the lack of a spring weekend in Atlanta. However, I want to assure race fans throughout the southeast and throughout the country that Talladega Superspeedway, only 90 minutes from Atlanta on Interstate 20, will have NASCAR racing next spring and is ready to provide them with all the NASCAR excitement they desire. This year Talladega Superspeedway shattered the NASCAR record books with 88 lead changes, 29 different leaders and one of the closest finishes in history with Kevin Harvick beating Jamie McMurray by 0.012 seconds. In addition to our unmatched on-track action, Talladega also offers unbeatable values for fans and their families. FREE Camping, FREE Parking and FREE Kids on Sunday in select areas are only a few of the many benefits we offer that no track can match. This year and beyond, ‘This is more than a race, This is Talladega’”.
Talladega Superspeedway Chairman
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand for Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500, May 3
- ARMY National Guard Preforms Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Seven-Mile Foot March
- Celebrity Judges Named for Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway This Saturday, February 7
- GEICO 500 Gets the Green Flag on Sunday, May 3
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7