Statement from Talladega Superspeedway On Atlanta Losing a NASCAR Weekend
Statement from Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch in reference to Atlanta Motor Speedway’s announcement today regarding the 2011 NASCAR season.
“In 2011 the NASCAR calendar will look drastically different, perhaps most notably for the lack of a spring weekend in Atlanta. However, I want to assure race fans throughout the southeast and throughout the country that Talladega Superspeedway, only 90 minutes from Atlanta on Interstate 20, will have NASCAR racing next spring and is ready to provide them with all the NASCAR excitement they desire. This year Talladega Superspeedway shattered the NASCAR record books with 88 lead changes, 29 different leaders and one of the closest finishes in history with Kevin Harvick beating Jamie McMurray by 0.012 seconds. In addition to our unmatched on-track action, Talladega also offers unbeatable values for fans and their families. FREE Camping, FREE Parking and FREE Kids on Sunday in select areas are only a few of the many benefits we offer that no track can match. This year and beyond, ‘This is more than a race, This is Talladega’”.
Talladega Superspeedway Chairman
- “2 for $88” Dale Earnhardt Jr. Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Package Ends Monday at Midnight
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Named Honorary Member of Famed Alabama Gang; Iconic No. 2 Championship Car of Dale Sr. Driven Around Talladega Superspeedway in Day of Historic Proportion
- NASCAR Fanatic? Visit the New, Improved Fanatics Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway’s Fan Zone During the Double Elimination Race Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Unmatched Access? Talladega Superspeedway’s Unrestricted VIP Package Delivers for Alabama 500/fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22