Goodyear Tire Test at Talladega Superspeedway Open To The Public – August 24
Talladega Superspeedway officials announced today that the Goodyear Tire Test on August 24 will be open to the public. Drivers scheduled to participate are Justin Allgaier, Aric Almirola, Joey Logano and Elliott Sadler.
“Our close relationship with Goodyear has allowed us to open our grandstands for a test session that normally would be closed to the public,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “This is an important test for Goodyear as they work on tire combinations for the AMP Energy 500 on Oct. 31 and next year’s Daytona 500.”
Parking lots open at 8:30 with the test officially kicking off at 9 am. The event is free to the public and food and beverages will be permitted. (Standard admission rules apply – No glass containers, only soft-sided coolers permitted and coolers must meet size requirement: 6”x6”x12” or smaller). Concession stands will not be open For questions on permissible items, please contact the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office at 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
Will more NASCAR history be made when NASCAR returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy 500 weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway Set to Host 12th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off on Saturday, March 4
- Bill Moss, Who Helped Bill France Sr. Put Talladega Superspeedway on the Map, Passes Away at 81
- Advance-Priced Tickets On-Sale Today for Talladega Superspeedway’s Action-Packed Weekend, May 5-7
- Talladega Superspeedway Set to Host The HESCO BONEFROG Challenge on Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Logano Wins Hellmann’s 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, Advances to Round of 8