Talladega Superspeedway Fan Appreciation Day Is Sept. 26, 2010
Talladega Superspeedway will welcome race fans to the track on Sept. 26 for the second annual Fan Appreciation Day. This event is open to the public and free of charge. Best of all, ticket buyers to either of the two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events at Talladega, the Aaron’s 499 in the spring or upcoming AMP Energy 500, will be given the opportunity to drive their cars around the track on paced laps.
“We are delighted to open the track once again for Fan Appreciation Day,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “It is a privilege for us to continue to give back to the devoted fans that support us every season. Having the opportunity to share this day with our ‘DEGA family is also a great way to get fired up for the AMP Energy 500 weekend, October 29-31.”
In addition to thrilling laps around Talladega’s historic high banks, there will also be a Kids Zone in the infield for children to share in the excitement of the day. Snacks will be provided by Talladega Superspeedway sponsors and there will also be photo opportunities in Gatorade Victory Lane.
Laps around the track begin at 9 am, with the infield opening to the general public from 10am – 2 pm.
Additional activities are planned, so race fans should follow www.talladegasuperspeedway.com for the latest details.
Will more NASCAR history be made when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy 500 weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Local Celebrity Judges Named for 12th Annual Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, March 4
- Center Stage(s)! Talladega Superspeedway Yet Again in Spotlight of NASCAR as Track Announces Stage Lengths as Part of New 2017 Format Enhancement
- Talladega Superspeedway is Excited to Name Jake Carlisle as New Director of Ticketing
- Talladega Superspeedway Part of International Speedway Corporation’s (ISC) New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media (ISM)
- The Charlie Daniels Band Set for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, May 6