Talladega Superspeedway Fan Appreciation Day Is Sept. 26, 2010
Talladega Superspeedway will welcome race fans to the track on Sept. 26 for the second annual Fan Appreciation Day. This event is open to the public and free of charge. Best of all, ticket buyers to either of the two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events at Talladega, the Aaron’s 499 in the spring or upcoming AMP Energy 500, will be given the opportunity to drive their cars around the track on paced laps.
“We are delighted to open the track once again for Fan Appreciation Day,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “It is a privilege for us to continue to give back to the devoted fans that support us every season. Having the opportunity to share this day with our ‘DEGA family is also a great way to get fired up for the AMP Energy 500 weekend, October 29-31.”
In addition to thrilling laps around Talladega’s historic high banks, there will also be a Kids Zone in the infield for children to share in the excitement of the day. Snacks will be provided by Talladega Superspeedway sponsors and there will also be photo opportunities in Gatorade Victory Lane.
Laps around the track begin at 9 am, with the infield opening to the general public from 10am – 2 pm.
Additional activities are planned, so race fans should follow www.talladegasuperspeedway.com for the latest details.
Will more NASCAR history be made when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy 500 weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Fans Representing 17 Countries, 49 States Set to Attend GEICO 500, Sparks Energy 300 and General Tire 200 This Upcoming Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Two-Round Qualifying Format Returns Saturday to Talladega Superspeedway for The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GEICO 500 & NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway
- Defending NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Kyle Busch Looks to Build on Strong Resume at Talladega Superspeedway During This Weekend’s GEICO 500
- Gear Up at the Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore While at Talladega Superspeedway This Weekend