2011 Brings Schedule Change For Talladega Superspeedway
The 2011 NASCAR season brings a slight change to Talladega Superspeedway’s place in the schedule. The Aaron’s Dream Weekend will be April 15 - 17 (one week early because of the Easter holiday) and the fall race weekend moves off Halloween weekend to Oct. 21 – 23.
“We are happy with the look of the 2011 NASCAR schedule,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “While we will certainly miss the promotional opportunities that Halloween provided us in the fall, I believe our fans with children will agree that the earlier date is much better timing for us. And for the fans that want to get dressed up, I’d say the infield is always looking for a few more revelers.”
The 2011 Aaron’s Dream Weekend will feature qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 race on Friday, April 15. Dakoda Armstrong won this race in 2010 to secure his first Talladega Superspeedway victory. On Saturday, April 16, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Brad Keselowski scored a thrilling victory in this race during the Aaron’s 312 in 2010. Then on Sunday, April 17, the greatest drivers in the world will face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. Kevin Harvick won in one of the closest finishes in NASCAR history with a .012 second victory over Jamie McMurray. The 2010 Aaron’s 499 also set a NASCAR record for lead changes (88) and leaders (29).
The 2011 fall weekend will feature NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, followed by qualifying for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series on Friday, Oct. 21. On Saturday, Oct. 22, the field for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race will be set during qualifying, followed by the stars of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series battling it out in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race. On Sunday, Oct. 23, dreams will be made and others broken as 43 of NASCAR’s finest compete in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
For information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, guests should call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Alabama Icons Reunite, Cast a New Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Big, Bold & Tough “Vulcan” Trophy
- How Crowd-Pleasing is the Racing at Talladega Superspeedway? So Much That Fans Representing All 50 States & 20 Countries Are Set to Attend Hellmann’s 500 and fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Talladega-Sized Concessions Return With “The Big One" Meatball and The "Talla-Mento Dogwich”