101.1-FM “The Source” Brings NASCAR Back To Birmingham
Talladega Superspeedway and Motor Racing Network are proud to announce that NASCAR broadcasts have returned to Birmingham thanks to WYDE 101.1-FM “The Source”. The first broadcast for the station was the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway on July 3.
“What a great race to welcome back NASCAR to Birmingham radio,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Talladega and Daytona produce the most competitive and exciting races of the year. The final run on Daytona’s old pavement was a memorable experience and a great way to introduce our new NASCAR partner. I encourage everyone to tune in to 101.1-FM on NASCAR Sundays and listen live.”
“Crawford Broadcasting’s performance in the Birmingham market is impressive and their news-talk outlet “The Source” is the perfect channel for MRN’s NASCAR coverage,” said David Hyatt, President of Motor Racing Network. “We look forward to a long and healthy partnership.”
"We are very excited to have been given the opportunity to bring NASCAR back to our Birmingham listeners,” said station General Manager Laura Scotti. “It is an honor to partner with two outstanding organizations such as MRN Radio and Talladega Superspeedway. We look forward to developing our relationship with these two entities who share the same professional standards as we do here at WYDE 101.1FM “The Source"
Will more NASCAR history be made when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy 500 weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway Announces 2016 Broadcast Schedule for NASCAR Weekends
- Talladega Superspeedway Hosts 11th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Saturday, Feb. 27
- Advanced Price Ticket Offers Start Friday, January 15th for Talladega Superspeedway's April 29-May 1 Weekend Featuring the GEICO 500
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016