101.1-FM “The Source” Brings NASCAR Back To Birmingham
Talladega Superspeedway and Motor Racing Network are proud to announce that NASCAR broadcasts have returned to Birmingham thanks to WYDE 101.1-FM “The Source”. The first broadcast for the station was the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway on July 3.
“What a great race to welcome back NASCAR to Birmingham radio,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Talladega and Daytona produce the most competitive and exciting races of the year. The final run on Daytona’s old pavement was a memorable experience and a great way to introduce our new NASCAR partner. I encourage everyone to tune in to 101.1-FM on NASCAR Sundays and listen live.”
“Crawford Broadcasting’s performance in the Birmingham market is impressive and their news-talk outlet “The Source” is the perfect channel for MRN’s NASCAR coverage,” said David Hyatt, President of Motor Racing Network. “We look forward to a long and healthy partnership.”
"We are very excited to have been given the opportunity to bring NASCAR back to our Birmingham listeners,” said station General Manager Laura Scotti. “It is an honor to partner with two outstanding organizations such as MRN Radio and Talladega Superspeedway. We look forward to developing our relationship with these two entities who share the same professional standards as we do here at WYDE 101.1FM “The Source"
Will more NASCAR history be made when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy 500 weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Premium Box Seating Packages
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Back Forty Beer Company Paddock Club Offers Prime Spot For fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- 10th Annual Laps for Life Blood Drive Set for September 11 at Talladega Superspeedway
- Drive a Little, Save a Lot with Hotel Rooms Booked Through DEGARooms.com for Talladega Superspeedway Events, Oct. 23-25
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Drivers to Meet Young Race Fans at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, Oct. 24