‘DEGA Fan Wins Ultimate Race Weekend Tailgate
Danny Compton thought the voice on the other end of the line was one his friends playing a joke on him. “I thought it was a prank,” said Compton. “My friends and I always call and mess with each other, so I had to check the caller id to make sure it wasn’t a prank.”
It certainly was no prank. Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch personally called Compton to notify the lucky fan that he and 9 of his friends would be enjoying an Ultimate ‘DEGA Race Weekend during the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29-31.
Compton and his 9 friends will receive 2 reserved RV camping spots in the Talladega infield, 2 RVs to use for the weekend, pre-race pit passes, tours of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum and an Ultimate Barbecue Tailgate. Compton receives all of this because he registered his seats at Talladega during the Aaron’s Dream Weekend in April.
“Having our fans register their seats is an important step in increasing our customer service levels,” said Lynch. “One fan may purchase 10 seats and while we have the information for that customer, we don’t know who all is coming to the race with them. By having a better understanding of all of our customers, we can raise our customer service levels and personal interaction with our fans.”
Will more NASCAR history be made when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy 500 weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7
- Samford University Student Sinks Half-Court Hoops Shot to Win $1,000 Tuition on Behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015