‘DEGA Fan Wins Ultimate Race Weekend Tailgate
Danny Compton thought the voice on the other end of the line was one his friends playing a joke on him. “I thought it was a prank,” said Compton. “My friends and I always call and mess with each other, so I had to check the caller id to make sure it wasn’t a prank.”
It certainly was no prank. Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch personally called Compton to notify the lucky fan that he and 9 of his friends would be enjoying an Ultimate ‘DEGA Race Weekend during the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29-31.
Compton and his 9 friends will receive 2 reserved RV camping spots in the Talladega infield, 2 RVs to use for the weekend, pre-race pit passes, tours of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum and an Ultimate Barbecue Tailgate. Compton receives all of this because he registered his seats at Talladega during the Aaron’s Dream Weekend in April.
“Having our fans register their seats is an important step in increasing our customer service levels,” said Lynch. “One fan may purchase 10 seats and while we have the information for that customer, we don’t know who all is coming to the race with them. By having a better understanding of all of our customers, we can raise our customer service levels and personal interaction with our fans.”
Will more NASCAR history be made when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy 500 weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Local Celebrity Judges Named for 12th Annual Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, March 4
- Center Stage(s)! Talladega Superspeedway Yet Again in Spotlight of NASCAR as Track Announces Stage Lengths as Part of New 2017 Format Enhancement
- Talladega Superspeedway is Excited to Name Jake Carlisle as New Director of Ticketing
- Talladega Superspeedway Part of International Speedway Corporation’s (ISC) New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media (ISM)
- The Charlie Daniels Band Set for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, May 6