TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY NAMES BRIAN CRICHTON VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES AND MARKETING
Talladega Superspeedway today announced it has named Brian Crichton as Vice President of Sales and Marketing effective May 24.
Crichton, 42, is a ten year veteran in the motorsports industry, serving most recently as vice president of special events and entertainment for Daytona International Speedway since March 2008. He oversaw business development at Daytona, negotiating agreements for new events while growing other marquee events such as the Rolex 24 At Daytona, March Motorcycles and Biketoberfest. In addition, Crichton managed special events such as the 50th Running of the Daytona 500 in 2008, the Daytona 500 Pre Race show featuring Tim McGraw, Keith Urban and others.
Crichton joined Daytona in 2004 from Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway in Illinois. There, he was an instrumental member of the team that opened the 1.5 mile Speedway and oversaw public and media relations, promotions, special events and community relations for both facilities.
In his new role, Crichton will be primarily responsible for consumer marketing, public relations, ticketing, partnership marketing and sales. He will report to Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch.
“Brian has a strong track record of success at Daytona and Chicagoland, and he brings a wealth of promotions and marketing expertise to Talladega,” said Lynch. “We look forward to his contributions as we prepare for the AMP Energy 500 Weekend in October.”
Crichton has a degree in Mass Communication from North Carolina State University, and a degree in Business Administration from Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland. He and his wife Karen plan to relocate to Alabama with their two sons, Jackson and Cooper.
Will more NASCAR history be made when NASCAR returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the HALLOW-DEGA℠ Presented by Captain Morgan weekend? Race fans will have to be here to find out. NASCAR action returns with the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500, Oct. 29 - 31. To experience it all, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Drive a Little, Save a Lot with Hotel Rooms Booked Through DEGARooms.com for Talladega Superspeedway Events, Oct. 23-25
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Drivers to Meet Young Race Fans at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, Oct. 24
- The Biggest Meatball In Racing On The Menu Again At Talladega Superspeedway
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. First Driver Named for Talladega Superspeedway’s Pre-Race Question & Answer Session Sunday, Oct. 25
- TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY’S “UNRESTRICTED” VIP PACKAGE OFFERS UNMATCHED ACCESS FOR WEEKEND FEATURING FINAL RACE OF CONTENDER ROUND FOR CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP