Talladega Twice As Nice in 2009
Talladega Superspeedway provided fans with twice the excitement of any other NASCAR track in 2009, with twice the number of leaders, lead changes and green flag passes in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
Sunday, fans will be treated to twice the number of races, with the Aaron’s 499 and Aaron’s 312 both scheduled for the same day. That’s more than 800 miles of the most exciting racing in NASCAR. Fans with tickets for either race will be granted admission for the entire day.
Stats from the top-5 races of 2009 are listed below:
Top 5 Races in Leaders for 2009 Sprint Cup
1. Talladega Superspeedway (25) Date: 4/26
1. Talladega Superspeedway (25) Date: 11/1
2. Michigan International Speedway (14) Date: 8/16
2. Kansas Speedway (14) Date: 10/4
2. New Hampshire Motor Speedway (14) Date: 6/28
2. Texas Motor Speedway (14) Date: 4/5
Top 5 Races in Lead Changes for 2009 Sprint Cup
1. Talladega Superspeedway (58) Date: 11/1
2. Talladega Superspeedway (57) Date: 4/26
3. Atlanta Motor Speedway (31) Date: 9/6
4. Auto Club Speedway (29) Date: 10/11
5. Texas Motor Speedway (28) Date: 4/5
Top 5 Races in Green Flag Passes for 2009 Sprint Cup
1. Talladega 13,438 Date: 11/1
2. Talladega 11,290 Date: 4/26
3. Daytona 6,630 Date: 2/15
4. Daytona 5,026 Date: 6/4
5. Michigan 3,902 Date: 8/16
The Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race scheduled for Saturday will now be held Sunday following the Aaron’s 499 Sprint Cup Series race. Any ticket for the Aaron’s 312 or Aaron’s 499 will be honored at the gate on Sunday. All Aaron’s 499 ticket holders have priority seating and should proceed to their assigned ticket area. Aaron’s 312 ticket holders will be directed to open seating by speedway staff.
Gates open at 8 a.m. and the Aaron’s 499 will begin at 12 noon as originally scheduled.
Fans who want to witness more than 800 miles of back-to-back, high-speed action at Talladega but who have not yet purchased their tickets can still do so by calling 877-Go2-DEGA or visiting one of our ticket booths on property.
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway