Kurt Busch, Jeff Burton and John Darby To Speak With Fans During March 16 ‘DEGA Test Session
Kurt Busch and Jeff Burton will take time during their lunch break to speak to race fans during the March 16 test session at Talladega Superspeedway. Joining the drivers will be NASCAR Managing Director of Competition, John Darby.
“Kurt and Jeff are two veterans of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “They will be able to give the fans a clear picture of what to expect when the cars hit the track during the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, April 23-25. John’s perspective will be a little different because he can talk about the changes NASCAR is making during the test and how they hope it will affect the cars. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say about NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track. You don’t want to miss this.”
The test will give fans their first glimpse of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series cars circling the track using the new spoiler while NASCAR confirms the restrictor plate size and gear ratio for the Aaron’s 499 race on April 25. It will also give fans the opportunity to experience the renovated frontstretch grandstands.
The renovated sections feature new 21-inch seats with armrests and cupholders. They replaced the old 17-inch seats while seat aisles were widened to 48 inches from 36. Tickets in the grandstands start at just $60 for the April 25 Aaron’s 499.
Parking lots open at 8:30 with the test officially kicking off at 9 am. The event is free to the public and food and beverages will be permitted. (Standard admission rules apply – No glass containers, only soft-sided coolers permitted and coolers must meet size requirement: 6”x6”x12” or smaller). For questions on permissible items, please contact the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office at 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
Talladega Superspeedway is preparing for the 2010 Aaron’s Dream Weekend featuring qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 race on Friday, April 23. On Saturday, April 24, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 25, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway
- Fans Representing 17 Countries, 49 States Set to Attend GEICO 500, Sparks Energy 300 and General Tire 200 This Upcoming Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway