Sixth Annual Easter Egg Hunt Set For Saturday, April 3
The Easter Bunny is returning to NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track on Saturday, April 3 for the track’s Sixth Annual Easter Egg Hunt in the infield. Open to children age 1-10, this free event is fun-filled for the whole family.
The Easter Bunny will start the event by judging the Easter Basket competition and pose for pictures with the children. The winner of the Easter Basket competition will get a special prize this year, a 3-foot stuffed Lucky Dog provided by Aaron’s.
When it’s time to hunt for eggs, kids will find that 17,500 plastic eggs stuffed with candy and prizes have been hidden throughout the infield. 50 eggs have special prize slips for an 18-inch stuffed Lucky Dog redeemable at the Aaron’s tent. Many other eggs have been stuffed with prize slips for Talladega Superspeedway merchandise, redeemable at the Talladega Superspeedway TOW Unit.
“This will be our largest Easter Egg Hunt to date,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Each year we have increased the number of eggs we hide and the number of activities we have during the day. And, each year, more and more guests show their support for the track and attend ready to hunt eggs. We look forward to welcoming everyone for the day and making it our best Easter Egg Hunt yet.”
A detailed list of events follows:
● Easter Basket Contest – Kids are encouraged to decorate their own Easter baskets and arrive with them ready for judging! Everyone should arrive a little early in order to park, because the Easter Basket Contest will be held as soon as the event begins at 10 a.m.
● Egg Hunts By Age Group – The hunt for prize-filled eggs will begin at 10:30 a.m. for kids age 1 through 3. Then at 10:45 a.m., kids age 4 through 6 will participate in a hunt, followed by kids age 7 through 10 at 11:00 a.m.
● Visit With The Easter Bunny– The Easter Bunny will be available to pose for pictures with eager egg hunters during the event.
● Face Painting – Face painters from Starshine Faces will be ready to create miniature masterpieces on the cheeks of all who visit.
● Refreshments – Two of Talladega Superspeedway’s official sponsors, Pepsi and Golden Flake, will provide refreshments and snacks.
● Prizes– Talladega Superspeedway sponsor Aaron’s will have a display with prizes for the Easter Basket contest and the Easter Egg Hunt, plus handouts to be given away throughout the day.
● Displays and Games –Talladega Superspeedway Pace Cars, the Talladega On Wheels promotions vehicle, displays from the International Motorsports Hall of Fame, Dodge trucks and cars and various other special vehicles utilized by the track will be on display for all to enjoy.
The April 23 -25 Aaron’s Dream Weekend begins a new era at Talladega Superspeedway with new rules, new seats and new lower ticket prices. For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Infield Party-The Big One On The Blvd-on Friday, Oct. 17, Back with New Twists
- Greg Biffle Visits Maxwell Air Force Base; Participates in Training Exercises & Educates Airmen on Talladega’s Special Military Offers
- Three Challengers in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle and Aric Almirola – Set for Talladega Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Senior Airman Donald L. Googe, Jr., to Award Prestigious Freedom Trophy to Talladega’s Sprint Cup Winner during GEICO 500 Weekend
- The “Wow Factor” of the X Games Coming to Talladega Superspeedway with ASA Action Sports World Tour, Oct. 18-19