Venturini Motorsports Tops Two-day ARCA Test at Talladega Superspeedway
Cars from Venturini Motorsports swept the top five positions on the speed charts at Talladega Superspeedway today as the ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards finished up the second of a two-day test. Steve Arpin led the Venturini Motorsports contingent with a top speed of 190.666 mph.
“We always enjoy having the ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards at Talladega Superspeedway,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “This test and NASCAR’s last week, really got the adrenaline flowing as we head toward an exciting Aaron’s Dream Weekend, April 23-25. We look forward to welcoming all our fans to the track very soon.”
Patrick Sheltra led the non-Venturini Motorsports cars, with a sixth-best speed of 188.999 mph. Motocross legend and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Ricky Carmichael was seventh fastest in a Wintron Motorsports car at 188.973 mph. Daytona’s ARCA winner, Bobby Gerhart, was ninth fastest of the day with a speed of 188.193 mph. Alabama’s own Grant Enfinger posted a top speed of 187.357 mph for 13th-fastest of the day.
The April 23 -25 Aaron’s Dream Weekend begins a new era at Talladega Superspeedway with new rules, new seats and new lower ticket prices. For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Darrell Waltrip Educates Samford University Students on Talladega Superspeedway's Incredible $19 College Ticket
- New Freedom Trophy Awarded to Talladega Sprint Cup Series Winner; Begins New Military Tradition
- Randy Houser to Perform Saturday Night Infield Concert at Talladega Superspeedway during Aaron’s Dream Weekend
- Talladega Superspeedway Partners with Local Cal Ripken Baseball League for “Rally With Your Team” Ticket Sales Contest
- Enjoy Talladega Superspeedway from Crew Member Vantage Point; Pre-Race Pit Pass Offered to Experience Race Day Prep, Red Carpet