Work Progressing on Installation of 18,000 New Seats at Talladega Superspeedway
Workers have begun installing the first of over 18,000 new seats at Talladega Superspeedway in anticipation of the April 23-25 Aaron’s Dream Weekend.
Crews continue to pour concrete and lay the foundations for the new seats, while other crews put the finishing touches on completed portions. It’s a coordinated effort that has proved successful since the beginning of the project last November.
“The construction teams have been working nonstop to complete the grandstands in time for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend,” said Talladega Superspeedway Rick Humphrey. “Their hard work is paying off, as they are currently several weeks ahead of schedule.”
Some notable numbers that have come out of the project speak to the magnitude of the massive undertaking:
• Once complete, the entire grandstand project will have used enough concrete to pour the foundations for over 300 single-family homes.
• There is approximately 24,000 feet of caulked joints in the job. That’s over 4.5 miles of caulking, or enough to lay a ½ -inch strip around the track 1.5 times.
• There are over 42 miles of reinforcing steel embedded in the concrete foundations.
• There will be nearly a mile of handrails in the new grandstands.
Tickets in the freshly renovated frontstretch grandstands start at just $60 for the April 25 Aaron’s 499. Several tower sections have seen their ticket prices reduced to $95, while the Allison grandstands offer the most affordable admission with a $49 two-day ticket .
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Danica Patrick Set to Present Second Annual “Best Campsite” Trophy at Talladega Superspeedway
- Can Dale Jr. Repeat History With a Talladega Superspeedway Triumph?
- Justin Allison Talks Family Legacy during Day Two of ARCA Racing Series Testing at Talladega Superspeedway
- Role of Crew Chief at Talladega Pivotal in Team’s Outcome
- Hessert Leads the Way During ARCA Testing at Talladega Superspeedway