Salute! Talladega Flag Flies Over Texas After 'Bama Victory
Clad in Crimson Tide apparel, Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage raised the Talladega Superspeedway flag over the Texas Speedway Club offices, much to the delight of Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. The flag ceremony was a condition the two presidents agreed upon when making a friendly wager on the outcome of Thursday night’s BCS Championship game. The University of Alabama’s 37-21 victory over the University of Texas assured that the Talladega Superspeedway flag will fly over Texas throughout the weekend and that Talladega will receive a shipment of Sonny Bryan’s Smokehouse beef brisket.
“I’m very excited to know the Talladega Superspeedway flag is flying over Texas Motor Speedway,” said Humphrey. “But more importantly, I’m excited for the University of Alabama and the pride that a national championship brings to our state. I love Talladega Superspeedway and I love the Alabama Crimson Tide. Today is a great day for both.”
Talladega Superspeedway is preparing for the 2010 Aaron’s Dream Weekend featuring qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 race on Friday, April 23. On Saturday, April 24, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 25, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- The Biggest Meatball in Racing Meets the Biggest Track in NASCAR
- Veterans Sadler, Smith Hope to Fend Off XFINITY Series Young Guns in Hopes of another Talladega Superspeedway Winn-Dixie 300 Win
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Back Forty Beer Co. Paddock Club Offers Prime Location, Amenities to Winn-Dixie 300
- Grand Marshal, Honorary Starter Named for Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Bill Elliott Relives History of NASCAR’s Greatest, Improbable Comeback Victory - 1985 Winston 500 at Talladega Superspeedway