Talladega Superspeedway Grandstand Renovations Benefit Local Community
The ongoing grandstand renovations at Talladega Superspeedway are making a significant economic impact in the Talladega area. Nearly 100 workers are being employed locally on the job or through vendors. With multiple local contractors onsite, approximately $3.5 million will be generated in direct local spending.
The following is a list of local contractors and vendors involved with the project:
• Cheaha Construction (Talladega County)
• Haynes Construction (Talladega County)
• Anthony Dulaney Plumbing (Talladega County)
• Willow Creek Construction (Talladega County)
• Webb Concrete (Calhoun County)
• McCartney Construction (Talladega County)
• G&M Electrical (Talladega County)
“Since its inception over 40 years ago, Talladega Superspeedway has worked diligently to be an integral part of the community,” said President Rick Humphrey. “We are proud of the economic benefits our racing events bring to the area twice a year and excited that our ongoing operations will continue to make a positive impact throughout the year.”
Talladega Superspeedway is preparing for the 2010 Aaron’s Dream Weekend featuring qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 race on Friday, April 23. On Saturday, April 24, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 25, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Alabama Icons Reunite, Cast a New Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Big, Bold & Tough “Vulcan” Trophy
- How Crowd-Pleasing is the Racing at Talladega Superspeedway? So Much That Fans Representing All 50 States & 20 Countries Are Set to Attend Hellmann’s 500 and fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Talladega-Sized Concessions Return With “The Big One" Meatball and The "Talla-Mento Dogwich”