2010 is bringing a dose of familiarity to NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track. Bump-drafting is back at Talladega Superspeedway.
The move will be in effect in time for the April 23-25 Aaron’s Dream Weekend.
“Words can hardly describe how excited I am about the return of bump-drafting,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “NASCAR’s decision to put the racing back in the hands of the drivers is sure to have a positive impact on the competition and excitement race fans experience at Talladega Superspeedway.”
Drivers called for changes at Talladega following the conclusion of the 2009 AMP Energy 500, stating that NASCAR was “boxing them in” with the bump-draft rules. While the AMP Energy 500 produced a season-high 13,438 green flag passes, it also had stretches of single-file racing, something that is almost never seen at Talladega.
“Certainly race fans have high expectations when they come to Talladega Superspeedway,” said Humphrey. “They expect the tightest racing, the most lead changes, the most passes and the closest finishes. The return of bump-drafting certainly moves us toward meeting and exceeding each of those expectations.”
The April 23 -25 Aaron’s Dream Weekend begins a new era at Talladega Superspeedway with new rules, new seats and new lower ticket prices. For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Talladega Superspeedway Honors its Latest Winner With “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package for Alabama 500
- Talladega Superspeedway Nominated for USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice “Best NASCAR Track”
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Exciting GEICO 500 & Winn-Dixie 300 Weekend to Be Seen Through Lenses of 100,000 Cameras
- Fan-Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins GEICO 500 For First Talladega Superspeedway Victory in 11 Years
- Logano Emerges From Pack on Final Lap to Win Wild Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega Superspeedway