2010 is bringing a dose of familiarity to NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track. Bump-drafting is back at Talladega Superspeedway.
The move will be in effect in time for the April 23-25 Aaron’s Dream Weekend.
“Words can hardly describe how excited I am about the return of bump-drafting,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “NASCAR’s decision to put the racing back in the hands of the drivers is sure to have a positive impact on the competition and excitement race fans experience at Talladega Superspeedway.”
Drivers called for changes at Talladega following the conclusion of the 2009 AMP Energy 500, stating that NASCAR was “boxing them in” with the bump-draft rules. While the AMP Energy 500 produced a season-high 13,438 green flag passes, it also had stretches of single-file racing, something that is almost never seen at Talladega.
“Certainly race fans have high expectations when they come to Talladega Superspeedway,” said Humphrey. “They expect the tightest racing, the most lead changes, the most passes and the closest finishes. The return of bump-drafting certainly moves us toward meeting and exceeding each of those expectations.”
The April 23 -25 Aaron’s Dream Weekend begins a new era at Talladega Superspeedway with new rules, new seats and new lower ticket prices. For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola