Aaron's, Inc. to Celebrate BCS National Championship Winning Team With Commemorative NASCAR Paint Scheme
Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN) is already a winner when it comes to this year's BCS National Championship football game between the University of Alabama and the University of Texas. As a corporate sponsor of both universities' athletic programs, Aaron's is guaranteed a victory no matter which team wins tonight's game and will create a celebratory race program for the winning school that incorporates Aaron's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race team.
Aaron's plans to produce a special National Championship paint scheme that will be featured on their NASCAR Sprint Cup Series racecar driven by David Reutimann. If the University of Texas wins, the Michael Waltrip Racing (MWR) No. 00 Sprint Cup Aaron's Dream Machine Toyota will sport the UT burnt orange and official national championship logo at Texas Motor Speedway April 18. If the University of Alabama collects the victory, the car will feature 'Bama's famed crimson along with the championship logo in the Aaron's 499 race at Talladega Superspeedway April 25.
"Aaron's is in a unique position to be able to commemorate the achievements of this year's national football champion with our racecar program," stated Robin Loudermilk, Chief Executive Officer of Aaron's, Inc. "We look forward to unveiling this racecar during a celebration on campus just before it goes to the racetrack to compete. We can't think of a better way to honor the winning team's achievements."
"This paint scheme is going to be a huge hit with fans, and it's a privilege for me to be able to drive this car," said driver David Reutimann. "But the pressure is going to be on me to win. Aaron's is in a 'no-lose' situation with these two great football teams, so I am going to have to get this car to victory lane to keep the winning going."
The racecar program will be supported with a traveling showcar that will make appearances at Aaron's stores throughout the winning state weeks before and after the race. Aaron's is also making available a limited edition line of collectable merchandise that will include a 1/24-scale die cast replica of the racecar and a racing t-shirt. The merchandise will be available exclusively at Aaron's stores in the winning state, the winning university's bookstores, the MWR trackside merchandise trailer and at www.shopaarons.com.
About Aaron's, Inc.
Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), the nation's leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,695 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada. Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk, Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982. For more information, visit www.aaronsinc.com.
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway
- Fans Representing 17 Countries, 49 States Set to Attend GEICO 500, Sparks Energy 300 and General Tire 200 This Upcoming Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Two-Round Qualifying Format Returns Saturday to Talladega Superspeedway for The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GEICO 500 & NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300