AWF Has Room Available for Additional Cook Teams
Cook teams that want to compete in the fifth annual Alabama Army National Guard/Alabama Wildlife Federation (AWF) Wild Game Cook-off at Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, February 6 should sign up now. Entries are still being accepted at www.alabamawildlife.org , and the best part is, it’s FREE!
Tickets for non-competitors are $40 per person, or $50 per couple when purchased prior to the event and may also be purchased at www.alabamawildlife.org . or 1-800-822-9453.
The event got some added star power this week with a lineup of local celebrities and personalities serving as judges.
· Rick Humphrey – President Talladega Superspeedway
· Brian York – Mayor of Talladega
· Colonel Charles Keith - Alabama Army National Guard
· Rufus T. Raspberry – Co-host WTDR 92.7FM
· Mickey Shadrix – TV 24
· Phil Boozer – America’s First Federal Credit Union
· Mack Ferguson – Greater Area Talladega Chamber of Commerce
· Corey Kirkland – Eufaula Chamber of Commerce
· Tim Gothard – Alabama Wildlife Federation
The annual event featuring fast cars, good food and fun times will be held in the track’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage. Gates open at 4 p.m., but fans that purchase rides around the historic 2.66-mile tri-oval in official Dodge pace vehicles will be granted early admittance at 2:45. Rides will last from 245 p.m. till 4:30 p.m. and are sold for $50 each to the first 150 cook-off ticket holders who purchase them in advance. Each ride also qualifies the purchaser for a drawing for one 6-lap Superspeedway Teaser with the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure.
Visitors are encouraged to arrive early to check out all of the creative displays and sample all of the delicious wild game dishes offered by the teams set up throughout the garage. The center aisle of the garage will feature an array of spectacular and unique silent auction items, attractively displayed for browsing as guests sample the delicious food. Expected items include hunting trips with various celebrities, autographed racing memorabilia, hunting gear and ladies items. Prints from artists Eddie LeRoy, the late Larry Chandler and several prints from former award winners of AWF’s annual Flora and Fauna art show will also be up for auction.
All proceeds from the event will benefit AWF, the oldest and largest non-profit conservation organization in Alabama. The AWF was established by sportsmen in 1935 to promote the conservation and wise use of our wildlife and natural resources and to ensure a high quality of life for future generations of Alabamians. The organization holds wild game cook-offs throughout the state, however this statewide event is its largest fundraiser each year.
Keep up to date with the latest information on the Wild Game Cook-off, door prizes and silent auction items by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com .
Talladega Superspeedway is preparing for the 2010 Aaron’s Dream Weekend featuring qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 race on Friday, April 23. On Saturday, April 24, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 25, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015
- Keselowski Wins The GEICO 500; Keeps Sprint Cup Title Hopes Alive
- Peters Claims Victory In fred’s 250 Camping World Truck Series Race