Talladega Superspeedway’s Kristi King Honored in Sporting News’ Annual 50 Most Beautiful People of NASCAR
Talladega Superspeedway Senior Director of Communications and Consumer Marketing Kristi King was listed among Sporting News’ annual 50 Most Beautiful People of NASCAR this year.
Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey said, “Kristi is very successful in her career and has positively touched the lives of many in and out of the sport. We are blessed to have her not only as part of our team here at Talladega, but as our friend.”
King reflected on her career for the article, stating, “Racing has allowed me to travel to places I may have never visited and has afforded me the chance to experience new opportunities. I love the fact that my job presents a new challenge every day; and it’s never the same old thing. I’ve met some of the most wonderful people who have become my very best friends. Racing isn’t just a job or a career, it’s a way of life.”
King was among a list of other NASCAR personalities including drivers Jimmie Johnson and Carl Edwards, media reporters Shannon Spake and Marty Smith, and Hollywood celebrities such as Kevin Costner. In compiling this year’s list, Sporting News received input from readers, fans and those who cover the sport. The editors considered fan favorites and sponsor favorites and gave them points, and they also awarded points to “those were making waves in the sport.”
Talladega Superspeedway is preparing for the 2010 Aaron’s Dream Weekend featuring qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 race on Friday, April 23. On Saturday, April 24, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 25, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Infield Party-The Big One On The Blvd-on Friday, Oct. 17, Back with New Twists
- Greg Biffle Visits Maxwell Air Force Base; Participates in Training Exercises & Educates Airmen on Talladega’s Special Military Offers
- Three Challengers in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle and Aric Almirola – Set for Talladega Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Senior Airman Donald L. Googe, Jr., to Award Prestigious Freedom Trophy to Talladega’s Sprint Cup Winner during GEICO 500 Weekend
- The “Wow Factor” of the X Games Coming to Talladega Superspeedway with ASA Action Sports World Tour, Oct. 18-19