Bake A Christmas 2009 Raises $13,700 For Area Children
Talladega Superspeedway officials joined the staff of WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM to raise $13,700 during the thirteenth annual Bake A Christmas fundraiser Friday, Dec. 11. That number is expected to increase slightly as donations and last minute purchases continue to trickle into the station. The money raised will be used to provide Christmas gifts to less fortunate children throughout the track’s surrounding region.
Members of the Talladega Superspeedway and Thunder 92.7 staff encouraged listeners and race fans to bid on one-of-a-kind race packages on-air, while donations of baked goods, racing memorabilia and other items such as gift certificates from local merchants, flowed in throughout the day.
“The listener and fan support during this year’s Bake A Christmas was truly amazing,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “Everyone stepped up with donations and purchases to make this a very successful year. It’s extremely rewarding to be involved with an event that is having such a positive impact on so many lives.”
This year’s top selling items were a checkered flag autographed by every driver that competed in the 2009 AMP Energy 500 at Talladega Superspeedway and a day at Talladega Superspeedway with Jim Jacobs and Rufus T. Raspberry of WTDR 92.7. Those items combined with ticket packages to the 2010 Aaron’s Dream Weekend fetched over $2,200.
Talladega Superspeedway is already gearing up for the 2010 Aaron’s Dream Weekend featuring qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 race on Friday, April 23. On Saturday, April 24, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 25, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Center Stage(s)! Talladega Superspeedway Yet Again in Spotlight of NASCAR as Track Announces Stage Lengths as Part of New 2017 Format Enhancement
- Talladega Superspeedway is Excited to Name Jake Carlisle as New Director of Ticketing
- Talladega Superspeedway Part of International Speedway Corporation’s (ISC) New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media (ISM)
- The Charlie Daniels Band Set for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, May 6
- Cars Have Officially Hit the Track at Talladega Superspeedway in Anticipation of the Exciting 2017 Season