Talladega Superspeedway Kicks Off Grandstand Renovations
Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey kicked off the frontstretch grandstand renovations on Monday, Nov. 2. The renovations are part of a two-phase $13-million grandstand project. More than half of the stadium’s grandstand will be replaced with larger seats and wider aisles in time for the April 25, 2010 Aaron’s 499. The remaining seats will be replaced in time for the Oct. 31, 2010 AMP Energy 500.
Accompanying the renovations is a new pricing structure for many Talladega seat locations. Single-day seats in the Gadsden, Lincoln, Anniston and Talladega Towers have been reduced to $95 from $120. Two-day tickets in the Allison Grandstands, one of the best values in all of motorsports, have been further reduced to $49 from $60. Race fans will also find new lower prices on certain infield camping locations by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com\camping.
Phase One of the renovation project will span from the Gadsden grandstands in Turn Four through section C of the OV Hill South grandstands in the Tri-oval. New 21-inch seats with armrests and cupholders will replace the current 17-inch seats and seat aisles will also be widened to 48 inches from 36.
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand for Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500, May 3
- ARMY National Guard Preforms Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Seven-Mile Foot March
- Celebrity Judges Named for Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway This Saturday, February 7
- GEICO 500 Gets the Green Flag on Sunday, May 3
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7