Major Renovations & Lower Ticket Prices Coming To Talladega Superspeedway In 2010
Immediately following the Nov.1 AMP Energy 500, construction crews will descend on Talladega Superspeedway and begin work on a two-phase $13-million grandstand renovation project. More than half of the stadium’s grandstand will be replaced with larger seats and wider aisles in time for the April 25, 2010 Aaron’s 499. The remaining seats will be replaced in time for the Oct. 31, 2010 AMP Energy 500.
Accompanying the renovations is a new pricing structure for many Talladega seat locations. Single-day seats in the Gadsden, Lincoln, Anniston and Talladega Towers have been reduced to $95 from $120. Two-day tickets in the Allison Grandstands, one of the best values in all of motorsports, have been further reduced to $49 from $60. Race fans will also find new lower prices on certain infield camping locations by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com\camping.
Phase One of the renovation project will span from the Gadsden grandstands in Turn Four through section C of the OV Hill South grandstands in the Tri-oval. New 21-inch seats with armrests and cupholders will replace the current 17-inch seats and seat aisles will also be widened to 48 inches from 36.
“This will be a fantastic upgrade for our frontstretch grandstand customers,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “The new seats are much more comfortable and the wider aisles will be easier to get in and out of during trips to the concession stand. It’s a big project for us and I’m sure the fans can’t wait for us to get started.”
Grandstand renovations also include the building of new premium level seats and additional ADA seating at the top of various sections. New semi-ambulatory seats will also be spread throughout the stadium to accommodate fans.
A mockup of the new seats and aisles is on display during the HALLOW-DEGA℠ weekend for fans to try out.
The 2010 Aaron’s Dream Weekend features qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Series 250 race on Friday, April 23. On Saturday, April 24, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 25, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway
- Fans Representing 17 Countries, 49 States Set to Attend GEICO 500, Sparks Energy 300 and General Tire 200 This Upcoming Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Two-Round Qualifying Format Returns Saturday to Talladega Superspeedway for The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GEICO 500 & NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300