Demolition of Talladega Grandstands Steadily Progressing
Crews are steadily progressing on the demolition of Talladega Superspeedway’s frontstretch grandstands as part of a two-phase $13-million grandstand renovation project. More than half of the stadium’s grandstand will be replaced with larger seats and wider aisles in time for the April 25, 2010 Aaron’s 499. The remaining seats will be replaced in time for the Oct. 31, 2010 AMP Energy 500.
The demolition process is completed in four steps, with crews working simultaneously to cut out the old seats, remove any old hardware, break up the concrete and finally remove the debris. Soon crews will follow behind the current demolition crew and begin laying forms and pouring new concrete for the aisles and seat platforms.
The old seats will be sold as a set of 4 for $99 and come with a certificate of authenticity. Only 1,000 sets will be sold. Purchases can be made at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/My1969DegaSeats. All sets are sold as-is and must be picked up. No seats will be shipped.
Talladega Superspeedway is already gearing up for the 2010 Aaron’s Dream Weekend featuring qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Series 250 race on Friday, April 23. On Saturday, April 24, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 25, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Alabama Icons Reunite, Cast a New Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Big, Bold & Tough “Vulcan” Trophy
- How Crowd-Pleasing is the Racing at Talladega Superspeedway? So Much That Fans Representing All 50 States & 20 Countries Are Set to Attend Hellmann’s 500 and fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Talladega-Sized Concessions Return With “The Big One" Meatball and The "Talla-Mento Dogwich”