82nd Airborne Chorus Performing National Anthem Prior To AMP Energy 500
The 82nd Airborne Division's "All-American" Chorus from Ft. Bragg, N.C., will perform the national anthem prior to the AMP Energy 500 at Talladega Superspeedway. Jeff Dubiel, Vice President of Sports for Pepsi-Cola North America Beverages will give the drivers’ command as Grand Marshal and Ken Strnad, Senior Marketing Manager, AMP Energy Brand Team, will wave the green flag as Honorary Starter.
“We are very excited to welcome the 82nd Airborne Chorus to Talladega,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “This is a great way to recognize our service men and women for all that they do for our country.
“We are also looking forward to welcoming our friends from AMP Energy and Pepsi. AMP Energy and Pepsi have been great sponsors and partners of Talladega Superspeedway through the years. To have them kick off our second AMP Energy 500 is very appropriate.
“It’s going to be an exciting weekend of racing and we are ready to get it started.”
The primary mission of the 82nd’s Chorus is serving the soldiers of the U.S. Army and Fort Bragg. However, their dynamic performances have led to an increased demand for them to perform throughout the continental United States. Appearing in their maroon berets and ascots, the troopers of the "All-American" Chorus are truly ambassadors for the 82nd Airborne Division and the United States Army.
Tickets are still available to the Oct. 30 – Nov.1 AMP Energy 500. To purchase, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
AMP Energy presents the Zac Brown Band and Southern Ground Records artists Levi Lowrey, Nic Cowan and Sonia Leigh. The weekend features the AMP Energy 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race.
Tickets prices start as low as $40 for the AMP Energy 500. To order, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola