Talladega To Feature Noon Start Times in 2010
In response to growing demands from race fans, Talladega Superspeedway will feature noon start times for both NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in 2010.
“Our fans requested that our start times be moved to a more traditional hour earlier in the day,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “This move comes as a direct result of those requests and I’m happy that we were able to work with NASCAR, FOX and ABC to accomplish it. We are looking forward to bringing the most competitive racing in NASCAR to fans even sooner in 2010.”
Race fans can experience more than 1,000 miles of racing during the triple header Aaron’s Dream weekend, April 23-25, 2010, and the excitement of Halloween and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup during the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 29-31, 2010.
But, race fans don’t have to wait till 2010 to see the most competitive racing in NASCAR. To order tickets to the 2009 AMP Energy 500 weekend, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. The 2009 AMP Energy 500 also features a noon start time on Nov. 1.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
AMP up for the weekend with the Zac Brown Band and Southern Ground Records artists Levi Lowrey, Nic Cowan and Sonia Leigh. The weekend features the AMP Energy 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race.
For information on tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- STATEMENT FROM TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY CHAIRMAN GRANT LYNCH ON SAFETY INITIATIVES
- Multi-Platinum Selling Artist Eric Church, Whose No. 1 Hit “Talladega” is Nominated for CMA Single of the Year, Set to be Honorary Pace Car Driver for Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 on Sunday, Oct. 25
- NASCAR Drivers Timothy Peters, Daniel Hemric in Birmingham Area to Talk about upcoming fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 24
- New Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway To Enhance Fan Retail Experience, Oct. 23-25
- E!’S “THE SOUP” Goes LIVE From Talladega Superspeedway For Special, Hour-Long Episode On Friday, Oct. 23 AT 10:00 PM ET/PT