Calling All Captains...Name The Official Drink Of HALLOW-DEGA
Captain Morgan has created a special drink for the AMP Energy 500 race weekend at Talladega Superspeedway and he needs race fans help naming it. The mixture of: one part AMP Energy, one part Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum and a splash of cranberry juice, is sure to be a hit during the AMP Energy 500 weekend and HALLOW-DEGA Presented by Captain Morgan festivities. But the question remains… what does he call it?
Race fans can submit their ideas for naming the spicy concoction on www.hallow-dega.com. The winning name will be chosen October 12th and the lucky winner will receive 2 tickets to the Sunday Amp Energy 500.
Participants must be 21 years of age or older to enter the competition.
“We are putting a call out to all ‘captains’ to help us name that drink,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “This is an opportunity for our race fans to put their mark on what is sure to be a spectacular weekend. We can’t wait to kick off the AMP Energy 500 and the World’s Largest Halloween Party. ”
Contest rules can be viewed by clicking here.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
AMP up for the weekend with the Zac Brown Band and Southern Ground Records artists Levi Lowrey, Nic Cowan and Sonia Leigh. The weekend features the AMP Energy 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race. Tickets prices start as low as $40 for the AMP Energy 500. To order, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Talladega Superspeedway Nominated for USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice “Best NASCAR Track”
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Exciting GEICO 500 & Winn-Dixie 300 Weekend to Be Seen Through Lenses of 100,000 Cameras
- Fan-Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins GEICO 500 For First Talladega Superspeedway Victory in 11 Years
- Logano Emerges From Pack on Final Lap to Win Wild Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Drivers, Fans Participate in NASCAR’s Biggest Party at Talladega “The Big One on the Blvd” Parade Friday, May 1