AMP Up For The Weekend With The Zac Brown Band
AMP Energy and Dale Earnhardt Jr. are welcoming the Zac Brown Band to the Talladega infield on Saturday night…and they’re opening the concert to all race fans with AMP Energy 500 tickets.
“AMP Energy is bringing 2009's breakout new artist to the Talladega infield,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “Opening the concert to all AMP Energy 500 ticket holders is a great added bonus for the fans. With the purchase of a $40 race ticket, fans could stay in one our free overnight parks, see a Zac Brown Band concert and experience one of the most exciting race weekends of the year. If you are a fan of racing, good music and good times, you have to attend the AMP Energy 500 weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.”
Dale Earnhardt Jr. will host a 10-minute Q&A with fans prior to the concert and then welcome the band on stage at 9 p.m.
The band's major label debut, 'The Foundation,' was released on November 18th, 2008 on Atlantic Records and debuted at #17 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart and #3 on the Top Country Albums Chart. In addition to their #1 platinum single "Chicken Fried" and #1 gold single "Whatever It Is," the Zac Brown Band's current single "Toes" is climbing the charts at #21 this week on Hot Country. The band has also been named the Academy of Country Music Awards' Top New Vocal Group and their video for "Chicken Fried" was donned CMT's USA Weekend Breakthrough Video of the Year. Also appearing are Southern Ground Records
artists Levi Lowrey, Nic Cowan and Sonia Leigh.
For tickets and information on attending the AMP Energy 500 weekend, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
AMP up for the weekend with the Zac Brown Band, featuring the AMP Energy 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race. For information on tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Joey Logano and Danica Patrick Join Chase Contender Johnson, Along with Biffle, Almirola at Talladega's Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Infield Party-The Big One On The Blvd-on Friday, Oct. 17, Back with New Twists
- Greg Biffle Visits Maxwell Air Force Base; Participates in Training Exercises & Educates Airmen on Talladega’s Special Military Offers
- Three Challengers in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle and Aric Almirola – Set for Talladega Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Senior Airman Donald L. Googe, Jr., to Award Prestigious Freedom Trophy to Talladega’s Sprint Cup Winner during GEICO 500 Weekend