Happy Anniversary Talladega Superspeedway!
40 years ago today, Richard Brickhouse pulled into Talladega Superspeedway’s Victory Lane at the conclusion of the inaugural Talladega 500. To commemorate the 40th anniversary of that first race, Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey surprised members of a tour group visiting the track with cake and lunch in Victory Lane.
“It’s amazing to think about the impact Talladega Superspeedway has had on the sport of NASCAR and the state of Alabama since we opened the gates 40 years ago,” said Humphrey. “Here’s to 40 years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR and many more. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 – Nov.1.”
Race fans should make plans now to experience the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500. For information on attending the HALLOW-DEGA℠ Presented by Captain Morgan festivities, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola