Happy Anniversary Talladega Superspeedway!
40 years ago today, Richard Brickhouse pulled into Talladega Superspeedway’s Victory Lane at the conclusion of the inaugural Talladega 500. To commemorate the 40th anniversary of that first race, Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey surprised members of a tour group visiting the track with cake and lunch in Victory Lane.
“It’s amazing to think about the impact Talladega Superspeedway has had on the sport of NASCAR and the state of Alabama since we opened the gates 40 years ago,” said Humphrey. “Here’s to 40 years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR and many more. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 – Nov.1.”
Race fans should make plans now to experience the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500. For information on attending the HALLOW-DEGA℠ Presented by Captain Morgan festivities, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Center Stage(s)! Talladega Superspeedway Yet Again in Spotlight of NASCAR as Track Announces Stage Lengths as Part of New 2017 Format Enhancement
- Talladega Superspeedway is Excited to Name Jake Carlisle as New Director of Ticketing
- Talladega Superspeedway Part of International Speedway Corporation’s (ISC) New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media (ISM)
- The Charlie Daniels Band Set for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, May 6
- Cars Have Officially Hit the Track at Talladega Superspeedway in Anticipation of the Exciting 2017 Season