Happy Anniversary Talladega Superspeedway!
40 years ago today, Richard Brickhouse pulled into Talladega Superspeedway’s Victory Lane at the conclusion of the inaugural Talladega 500. To commemorate the 40th anniversary of that first race, Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey surprised members of a tour group visiting the track with cake and lunch in Victory Lane.
“It’s amazing to think about the impact Talladega Superspeedway has had on the sport of NASCAR and the state of Alabama since we opened the gates 40 years ago,” said Humphrey. “Here’s to 40 years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR and many more. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 – Nov.1.”
Race fans should make plans now to experience the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500. For information on attending the HALLOW-DEGA℠ Presented by Captain Morgan festivities, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- The Chase Is On! Superhero Logano Visits Alabama As Part Of NASCAR’s “Chase Across North America;” Readies For Talladega
- Join Us For The Chase Across North America Kickoff!
- NEW, EXCITING QUALIFYING FORMAT INSTITUTED FOR TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY’S GEICO 500 AND FRED’S 250 POWERED BY COCA-COLA
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women's History Museum
- Thomas Rhett to Perform Saturday Night Infield Concert at Talladega Superspeedway during GEICO 500 Weekend