High School Students Place Nearly 3,000 Flags at Talladega Superspeedway In Memory of 9/11
Students from Talladega High School placed nearly 3,000 flags at Talladega Superspeedway today, in memory of the lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001. The flags will be visible during the Laps For Life blood drive at the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum tomorrow.
Appointments to donate can be scheduled in advance and everyone who pre-registers online will receive a Talladega Superspeedway souvenir 40th Anniversary blanket when they show up at the drive to donate. To register online, go to www.givelife.org and enter the keyword TALLADEGA in the search field. Follow instructions on the web site to complete registration.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500. For information on attending the HALLOW-DEGA℠ Presented by Captain Morgan festivities, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Keselowski Wins The GEICO 500; Keeps Sprint Cup Title Hopes Alive
- Peters Claims Victory In fred’s 250 Camping World Truck Series Race
- Vickers Captures Top Spot for Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500
- Erik Jones, Ben Kennedy to Tackle Talladega for First Time; Special Time for Kennedy Whose Great Grandfather Built the Iconic Venue
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Autograph Session And New Rapid Qualifying Format Debuts at Talladega Superspeedway Friday