Randy Owen To Perform During AMP Energy 500 Pre-race Ceremonies
Alabama native and county music legend Randy Owen is coming to Talladega Superspeedway thanks to BamaJam Productions, a division of Ronnie Gilley Entertainment, to perform the hit single “My Home’s In Alabama” during pre-race ceremonies for the Nov. 1 AMP Energy 500.
“We are looking forward to welcoming Randy to Talladega Superspeedway,” said President Rick Humphrey. “This is a great addition to our pre-race activities and I’m sure our fans will be excited to see a performance by one of the legends of county music.”
For over 25 years Owen was the front man and lead vocalist of Alabama, one of the most prolific groups in the history of music. The band signed a recording contract with RCA Records in 1980, launching a career that to date has resulted in 21 gold, platinum and multi-platinum albums, 42 number one singles and over 73 million albums sold.
Owen embarked on a solo career with a new album, One On One, released earlier this year and a tour kicking off around the same time with a 10-piece band and an attitude that rivals a brand new artist.
For tickets and information on attending the AMP Energy 500 weekend, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500. For information on attending the HALLOW-DEGA℠ Presented by Captain Morgan festivities, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Joey Logano and Danica Patrick Join Chase Contender Johnson, Along with Biffle, Almirola at Talladega's Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Infield Party-The Big One On The Blvd-on Friday, Oct. 17, Back with New Twists
- Greg Biffle Visits Maxwell Air Force Base; Participates in Training Exercises & Educates Airmen on Talladega’s Special Military Offers
- Three Challengers in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle and Aric Almirola – Set for Talladega Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Senior Airman Donald L. Googe, Jr., to Award Prestigious Freedom Trophy to Talladega’s Sprint Cup Winner during GEICO 500 Weekend