Laps For Life 2009 Collects More Than 200 Units For American Red Cross
The Laps for Life Blood Drive at Talladega Superspeedway collected 214 units of blood today, bringing the four year total to over 760 units of blood collected.
Blood donors were treated to tours of Talladega Superspeedway and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum, drawings for door prizes, goody bags and much more.
“I would like to thank everyone who participated in Laps for Life 2009,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “Despite the weather, we had a great turnout. Events like this show the true character and dedication of NASCAR fans. I’m extremely proud to be involved with such a great effort.”
“On behalf of the American Red Cross Alabama and Central Gulf Coast Region, we would like to thank everyone for their continued support and dedication, on this our fourth Laps for Life Blood Drive,” said American Red Cross Donor Recruitment Manager Jared Kinney.
Talladega Superspeedway Laps for Life: A Blood Drive for Alabama, began in 2006 as part of a nationwide effort among multiple tracks.
The NASCAR Foundation, in partnership with the American Red Cross, announced in June 2006 at Michigan International Speedway that it would build upon MIS’s annual Spirit of America 500 Blood Drive by providing unique experiences at many different tracks that bring out the goodwill and community pride in all race fans.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500. For information on attending the HALLOW-DEGA℠ Presented by Captain Morgan festivities, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Host of CNBC’s Hit Reality Series, The Profit, Marcus Lemonis to Serve as CampingWorld.com 500 Grand Marshal/Honorary Starter on Oct. 25
- Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola Colonel Eric F. Buer to Award Traditional Freedom Trophy to Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 Winner
- STATEMENT FROM TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY CHAIRMAN GRANT LYNCH ON SAFETY INITIATIVES
- Multi-Platinum Selling Artist Eric Church, Whose No. 1 Hit “Talladega” is Nominated for CMA Single of the Year, Set to be Honorary Pace Car Driver for Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 on Sunday, Oct. 25
- NASCAR Drivers Timothy Peters, Daniel Hemric in Birmingham Area to Talk about upcoming fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 24