Sterling Marlin and Dave Marcis Attending Fan Appreciation Day
Sterling Marlin is a two-two winner at Talladega Superspeedway while Dave Marcis is also a former winner and holds records for “most starts” and “most miles raced” at Talladega. Both will hold an autograph session and Q&A with fans during the Sept. 20 Fan Appreciation Day at Talladega Superspeedway.
“We are very excited to welcome Dave and Sterling to Fan Appreciation Day,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “It promises to be an entertaining day for everyone. I look forward to welcoming all our fans to the track.”
Activities for the day include:
• Q&A Sessions with Marcis, Marlin, Humphrey and Richard Brickhouse
• Autograph Signings with Marcis, Marlin, Humphrey and Brickhouse
• A free concert performed by Darryl Worley (Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs)
• Track drives for 2009 Aaron’s 499 or AMP Energy 500 ticket holders
• A sponsor and vendor display area
• A Kids Zone
• Lunch provided by Talladega Superspeedway, Pepsi and Golden Flake (Guests may bring their own food and beverage, but coolers must be soft-sided and no larger than 6”x6”x12”)
• Car displays and more
All guests attending the Appreciation Day will also receive $2 off tickets to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum and 10% off purchases at the gift shop.
Tickets to AMP Energy 500 will be for sale on site for fans that want to participate in the track drives but have not yet purchased seats.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500. For information on tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Unmatched Access? Talladega Superspeedway’s Unrestricted VIP Package Delivers for Alabama 500/fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22
- Defending Alabama 500 Champ Joey Logano, Michael Annett Join Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Carl Edwards & Brian Scott for Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 23
- ‘Chase University’ College Student Program Set for Talladega Superspeedway Sunday, Oct. 23
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase Field Set; Anticipation is High for Talladega Superspeedway's fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Oct. 22