Captain Morgan Adding Some Spice To HALLOW-DEGA
Talladega Superspeedway is proud to announce that Captain Morgan Rum has been named presenting sponsor of HALLOW-DEGA ℠ weekend this upcoming October.
“Captain Morgan and HALLOW-DEGA are a perfect match for each other,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “Race weekends at Talladega are known to be a little fiery from time to time, so it’s fitting that Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum would help present the first Halloween weekend at Talladega. We look forward to hosting an event without peer for HALLOW-DEGA ℠ Presented by Captain Morgan.”
“Captain Morgan and Halloween are synonymous with fun and a great party, and there is no better venue to have that party than on the grounds of Talladega,” said Tom Herbst, Marketing Director of Rum for Diageo North America. “ Echoing the Calling All Captains television campaign the Captain will be looking among the masses for folks dressed up as Captain Improv, Captain Showstopper or maybe Captain Keymaster, the latter reinforcing the message to not drink and drive.”
Diageo (Dee-AH-Gee-O) is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wines, and beer categories. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Smirnoff, J&B, Baileys, Jose Cuervo, Tanqueray, Captain Morgan, Crown Royal, Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards wines.
Diageo is a global company, trading in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, its people, brands, and performance, visit us at www.diageo.com. Celebrating life, every day, everywhere, responsibly.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience HALLOW-DEGA Presented by Captain Morgan weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500. For information on tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Fans Representing 17 Countries, 49 States Set to Attend GEICO 500, Sparks Energy 300 and General Tire 200 This Upcoming Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Two-Round Qualifying Format Returns Saturday to Talladega Superspeedway for The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GEICO 500 & NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway
- Defending NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Kyle Busch Looks to Build on Strong Resume at Talladega Superspeedway During This Weekend’s GEICO 500
- Gear Up at the Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore While at Talladega Superspeedway This Weekend