Darryl Worley Performing For Fan Appreciation Day
Country music star Darryl Worley is set to perform a two-hour concert at the Talladega Superspeedway Fan Appreciation Day on Sept 20, thanks to BamaJam Productions, a division of Ronnie Gilley Entertainment. Worley is the latest addition to a day already teeming with fan activities.
“The addition of Darryl Worley to our Fan Appreciation Day really takes this event to another level,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “It’s just our way of saying ‘thank-you’ to our fans and community for all their support throughout the years.”
Humphrey is part of the entertainment for the day as well, as he is hosting a Q&A session with Richard Brickhouse, winner of the inaugural Talladega 500 (now the AMP Energy 500).
Ticket buyers to either of the two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events at Talladega, the Aaron’s 499 in the spring or upcoming AMP Energy 500, will be given the opportunity to drive their cars around the track on paced laps. And all guests attending the Appreciation Day will also receive $2 off tickets to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum.
Fan Appreciation Day is free and open to the public.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500. For information on tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7
- Samford University Student Sinks Half-Court Hoops Shot to Win $1,000 Tuition on Behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015