The Countdown Towards HALLOW-DEGA Has Begun!
Talladega Superspeedway officials are counting down the days until the curtain is raised on the Largest Halloween Party of the Year. It’s an event so spectacular that it has its own name…HALLOW-DEGA.
“I can’t think of a better holiday to coincide with a Talladega race weekend,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “Halloween is known for its thrills and chills. And with the AMP Energy 500 moving deeper into the Chase, to race number seven, I can assure you there won’t be a more thrilling race in NASCAR this year.”
The track has several “treats” in store for fans, too.
To keep fans up-to-date on all the latest HALLOW-DEGA activities, Talladega Superspeedway has started a new website: www.HALLOW-DEGA.com. The new site will feature special games and promotions centered around the HALLOW-DEGA theme, as well as a continuously growing list of race weekend activities.
Several events already planned include an online “Who Done It?” trivia contest, costume and pumpkin-carving activities in the display area, a scream contest sponsored by SPEED Channel and a haunted maze.
More events are in the works and will be revealed throughout the coming months. Talladega Superspeedway has created a unique HALLOW-DEGA stamp that will accompany all materials related to the weekend, so new activities will be easy to spot.
“We look forward to welcoming fans Oct. 30 – Nov. 1 to celebrate great racing and the largest Halloween party of the year,” said Humphrey. “We have worked hard to create something everyone will enjoy and we look forward to providing a unique HALLOW-DEGA experience.”
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience HALLOW-DEGA during the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and the AMP Energy 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. For information on tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola