Fan Appreciation Day Is September 20
Talladega Superspeedway will be welcoming race fans to the track on Sept. 20 for a Fan Appreciation Day. This event is open to the public and free of charge. Events for the day include lunch, photo opportunities, live music, games and more.
Ticket buyers to either of the two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events at Talladega, the Aaron’s 499 in the spring or upcoming AMP Energy 500, will be given the opportunity to drive their cars around the track on paced laps. Track president Rick Humphrey will also be hosting a Q&A session and joining him will be Richard Brickhouse, winner of the inaugural Talladega 500.
“The Fan Appreciation Day is to show our gratitude for another season of dedication and support by our fans,” said Humphrey. “We hope to show our guests a good time and answer some of their questions as well. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the track on Sept. 20 as we prepare for another exciting AMP Energy 500 and HALLOW-DEGA℠.”
Fans attending the Appreciation Day will also receive $2 off tickets to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience HALLOW-DEGA℠ during the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500. For information on tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Infield Party-The Big One On The Blvd-on Friday, Oct. 17, Back with New Twists
- Greg Biffle Visits Maxwell Air Force Base; Participates in Training Exercises & Educates Airmen on Talladega’s Special Military Offers
- Three Challengers in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle and Aric Almirola – Set for Talladega Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Senior Airman Donald L. Googe, Jr., to Award Prestigious Freedom Trophy to Talladega’s Sprint Cup Winner during GEICO 500 Weekend
- The “Wow Factor” of the X Games Coming to Talladega Superspeedway with ASA Action Sports World Tour, Oct. 18-19