Only One Month Left To Vote For Talladega-Texaco Walk of Fame!
Officials for the Talladega-Texaco Walk of Fame are encouraging fans to act quickly, as only one month remains to submit votes for the 2009 Talladega-Texaco Walk of Fame. Fans that want to see their favorite driver inducted this year will need to crank up those email lists, blogs and forums for one final push to the finish.
Michael Waltrip and Morgan Shepherd are fighting for first place with Jimmie Johnson trailing close behind. This next month of voting will determine who becomes a part of Talladega history and have their likeness portrayed in the Talladega-Texaco Walk of Fame. The standings are changing daily so it is still anybody's race to win at this point!
The Talladega-Texaco Walk of Fame, located in the Davey Allison Memorial Park in downtown Talladega, is both a focal point saluting NASCAR’s greatest names and a tribute to one of racing’s brightest stars – the late Davey Allison. Developed in 1994, the Talladega-Texaco Walk of Fame has inducted one active driver and up to two inactive drivers since 1995 based on the fans’ vote chosen from a ballot of nominees selected by strict guidelines.
Fans may vote for their driver of choice through July 15 by visiting www.talladegawalk.com. Voting is limited to one vote per day. Active driver nominees for 2009 include: Greg Biffle Jeff Burton, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Robby Gordon, Denny Hamlin, Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, Elliott Sadler, Morgan Shepherd and Michael Waltrip. Inactive driver nominees for 2009 include: Speedy Thompson, Jim Pascal, Bill Rexford and Jack Smith.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience HALLOW-DEGA¿ during the AMP Energy 500 weekend, Oct. 30 through Nov. 1. This weekend features the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Mountain Dew 250 fueled by Fred’s and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AMP Energy 500. For information on tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- STATEMENT FROM TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY CHAIRMAN GRANT LYNCH ON SAFETY INITIATIVES
- Multi-Platinum Selling Artist Eric Church, Whose No. 1 Hit “Talladega” is Nominated for CMA Single of the Year, Set to be Honorary Pace Car Driver for Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 on Sunday, Oct. 25
- NASCAR Drivers Timothy Peters, Daniel Hemric in Birmingham Area to Talk about upcoming fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 24
- New Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway To Enhance Fan Retail Experience, Oct. 23-25
- E!’S “THE SOUP” Goes LIVE From Talladega Superspeedway For Special, Hour-Long Episode On Friday, Oct. 23 AT 10:00 PM ET/PT