Racing Celebrities Appearing at International Motorsports Hall of Fame
The International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum (IMHOF) is a must-see attraction for race fans attending the April 24-26 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. And, just announced today, there will be more than cars and memorabilia for fans to see to during race weekend.
On Friday, April 24, the International Motorsports Hall of Fame will host several racing and celebrity autograph signing events.
- Donnie Allison, founding member of the legendary Alabama Gang, will host a book signing in the McCaig-Wellborn Research library from 10 a.m. till Noon.
- Stan Barrett, driver of the world famous Rocket Car, will be signing autographs in the Union 76 Building from Noon till 2 p.m.
- Jeff Gordon, four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion, will appear on QVC in the SPEED Channel Dome.
On Saturday, April 25, the International Motorsports Hall of Fame will host Martha Earnhardt (Dale Earnhardt’s mother) and Carol Gordon Bickford (Jeff Gordon’s mother) in the McCaig-Wellborn Research library.
· Earnhardt and Bickford will host a book signing from 9 a.m. till 11 a.m.
· Copies of their co-authored cookbook “Pitstop in a Southern Kitchen” will be available for purchase at the IMHOF for $19.99 plus tax.
“We are excited that so many of our special guests will be appearing at the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum,” said Talladega Superspeedway President and IMHOF Executive Director Rick Humphrey. “It’s one more way that Talladega Superspeedway and the IMHOF are working together to enhance the race fan’s experience.”
About the International Motorsports Hall of Fame & Museum
Opened in April of 1983, the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum is dedicated to the preservation of the history of motorsports. Each year, the annual International Motorsports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is held on the grounds of the museum to honor those men and women chosen for induction from among the greatest names in all of motorsports.
Admission to the museum is $10 for adults, $5 for kids age 7 to 17 and free for kids age 6 and younger. Discounts to the museum of $1 off individual tickets are available to: adults in the military, AAA members, senior citizens, children (age 7 to 17) of a military member or AAA member. Discounts do not apply to combo tickets.
The 2009 ceremony will be held April 23rd, at the SPEED Channel Dome, adjacent to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame. Individual tickets for the evening are $125 and a table of eight may be reserved for $1,000. Tickets and tables are available by calling 1-256-362-5002 or logging on to www.racetickets.com.
- Advanced Price Tickets To Aaron’s Dream Weekend On Sale Today; Savings Include $10 Off Regular Pricing Plus Kids Free Options
- "4 Wide" Notes: Daytona 500 Edition
- Save Big with Advanced Price, Kids Tickets to Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway—On Sale Monday, Feb. 24
- Larger High-Definition Video Boards, Kids Free Initiative Highlight Fan Enhancements at Talladega Superspeedway
- Trevor Bayne Headlines Trio Test at Talladega Superspeedway