Miss America Appearing In Fan Hospitality & Singing National Anthem Prior to Aaron's 499
Miss America 2009, Katie Stam, will perform the National Anthem prior to the Aaron’s 499 at Talladega Superspeedway, in addition to appearing in the Dodge Speedway Sports Club and Pepsi Pit Tour Experience Zone hospitality areas on Sunday, April 26.
Stam will also make a special appearance at the International Motorsports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony earlier in the week, on Thursday, April 23.
“We are excited to welcome Miss America to Talladega Superspeedway,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “While Katie will be making special appearances with our hospitality customers, she will also perform the National Anthem for all our race fans during pre-race ceremonies for the Aaron’s 499. Anyone who heard her sing during the Miss America competition will agree that this should be an excellent rendition of “The Star Spangled Banner”.
Talladega will be Stam’s first time attending a NASCAR race and the Indiana native is excited about visiting NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track.
"Being from Indiana, naturally I'm a race fan,” said Stam. “I'm thrilled to sing the National Anthem at Talladega and be a part of a great racing tradition!"
Stam attends the University of Indianapolis and is pursuing a degree in Communications. Her career ambition is to become a television news reporter and anchor. Stam is also the National Goodwill Amabassador for Children’s Miracle Network and is the official spokesperson for Zerosmoke.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience part of Talladega’s history in 2009 during the triple-header, Aaron’s Dream Weekend, April 24-26, featuring the ARCA RE/MAX Series, the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. For tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- STATEMENT FROM TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY CHAIRMAN GRANT LYNCH ON SAFETY INITIATIVES
- Multi-Platinum Selling Artist Eric Church, Whose No. 1 Hit “Talladega” is Nominated for CMA Single of the Year, Set to be Honorary Pace Car Driver for Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 on Sunday, Oct. 25
- NASCAR Drivers Timothy Peters, Daniel Hemric in Birmingham Area to Talk about upcoming fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 24
- New Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway To Enhance Fan Retail Experience, Oct. 23-25
- E!’S “THE SOUP” Goes LIVE From Talladega Superspeedway For Special, Hour-Long Episode On Friday, Oct. 23 AT 10:00 PM ET/PT