IMHOF Releasing Weekly Feature Stories On 2009 Inductees
The International Motorsports Hall of Fame announced today that feature stories on each of its five inductees will be released weekly leading up to the induction ceremony on Thursday, April 23rd. Race fans will be able to find the stories online at www.motorsportshalloffame.com and www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
“Each of our inductees has a unique story to tell,” said Talladega Superspeedway President and IMHOF Executive Director Rick Humphrey. “While their successes at the track have been well-documented, we wanted to know more. What brought them to a career in motorsports? What made them so successful? We answer those questions and more in these stories. Race fans and fans of racing history will find our feature stories to be informative and entertaining.”
The five inductees being honored are: J.C. Agajanian, Donnie Allison, Jerry Cook, Bud Moore and Raymond Parks.
Tickets are currently available for the induction ceremony at www.racetickets.comor by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA. This year’s black-tie optional ceremony begins with a reception at 5:30 p.m. and the banquet and awards ceremony immediately following.
Individual tickets are $125 and a table for eight may be reserved for $1,000. Visa, Mastercard and Discover are accepted.
In addition to the five inductees, NHRA Top Fuel champion Tony Schumacher will be on hand to accept his award as the 2008 Driver of the Year and 2008 ARCA RE/MAX Series Champion Justin Allgaier will also be recognized during the ceremony.
About the International Motorsports Hall of Fame & Museum
Opened in April of 1983, the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum is dedicated to the preservation of the history of motorsports. Each year, the annual International Motorsports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is held on the grounds of the museum to honor those men and women chosen for induction from among the greatest names in all of motorsports.
The 2009 ceremony will be held April 23rd, at the SPEED Channel Dome, adjacent to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame. Individual tickets for the evening are $125 and a table of eight may be reserved for $1,000. Tickets and tables are available by calling 1-256-362-5002 or logging on to www.racetickets.com.
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22
- Defending Alabama 500 Champ Joey Logano, Michael Annett Join Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Carl Edwards & Brian Scott for Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 23
- ‘Chase University’ College Student Program Set for Talladega Superspeedway Sunday, Oct. 23
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase Field Set; Anticipation is High for Talladega Superspeedway's fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Oct. 22
- Last Chance! $10 Savings for Talladega Superspeedway's Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23, Ends Sept. 23